E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Automatic Window Close from Keyfob???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='964148' date='Aug 3 2009, 01:20 PM
There is an aftermarket module that will allow you to roll up and down.

linky please

found this . . . window module that link aslo has TV activation modules! Anyone familiar with diagsoft and/or their products???
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='964431' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:44 PM
linky please

found this . . . window module that link aslo has TV activation modules! Anyone familiar with diagsoft and/or their products???
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_...roducts_id=2015
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Contributors

it is a safety thing. nothing more. companies have a lot of weird stipulations they have to abide by, kind of like housing codes builders abide by
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

It's these tiny, trivial things about BMW that really piss me off and slightly yearn for the features my parents' Lexus have. If it's the Ultimate Driving Machine, it should have these small features that make a world of a difference. Other things include a CD changer and how about a touch screen navi? This is ridiculous. We need to accept that other auto manufacturers are catching up to BMW, and admittedly, some are a better value. So it's not like these sacrifices are necessary to "reduce weight" or "keep the balance" because BMWs are getting heavier by the generation. My friend's Honda Accord from 2000ish has this windows up/down feature, why can't we? If we're paying for a highly-acclaimed engine, thje N54 engine alone is not worth the $58k+ most members paid for; I don't need to be pampered like a Lexus would, but when you pay more than you would for a Lexus, but don't even get a touch screen or a freaking key fob that's useful, there's something wrong.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 E55

if the UK version works, then i'm guessing it can be done in US spec with either simple version coding or replace/add a module...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Luckily EU spec have this feature.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60714' post='964544' date='Aug 4 2009, 03:56 AM
It's these tiny, trivial things about BMW that really piss me off and slightly yearn for the features my parents' Lexus have. If it's the Ultimate Driving Machine, it should have these small features that make a world of a difference. Other things include a CD changer and how about a touch screen navi? This is ridiculous. We need to accept that other auto manufacturers are catching up to BMW, and admittedly, some are a better value. So it's not like these sacrifices are necessary to "reduce weight" or "keep the balance" because BMWs are getting heavier by the generation. My friend's Honda Accord from 2000ish has this windows up/down feature, why can't we? If we're paying for a highly-acclaimed engine, thje N54 engine alone is not worth the $58k+ most members paid for; I don't need to be pampered like a Lexus would, but when you pay more than you would for a Lexus, but don't even get a touch screen or a freaking key fob that's useful, there's something wrong.
I agree, my wifes Ford fiesta has more toys than my car, they really need to step the game up!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Lexus RX330. Looking to buy 2010 535i.

Originally Posted by E60714' post='964544' date='Aug 3 2009, 09:56 PM
My wife drives a Lexus ES 350 with a touchscreen NAV:
1. The screen gets covered with fingerprints and is hard to see under certain lighting conditions because of the unavoidable mess
2. Women with fingernails have a hard time operating the touch controls, which need to be pressed with the pads of the fingers
3. The NAV system is lousy; it is unintuitive and takes forever to figure out how to use; it takes forever to program; it's often wrong and will take you to
dead ends.
4. And the final reason it stinks? The Toyota police have the NAV programmed so that you cannot use it while the car is moving; the car needs to be
stopped and in park, so forget about changing destinations while driving, or most anything else.

The NAV on my 6 week-old 535i works beautifully and has never made an error. Contrary to the critics at Consumer Reports and elsewhere, I find the iDrive perfectly easy to use -- much better, in fact than the crummy Lexus NAV, which, also, is UGLY, and takes up half the dash real estate.

best,
kpp
Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by E60714' post='964544' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:56 PM
I have to completely agree here, I think it's ridiculous that even today things like CD changer, iPod connection, bluetooth, MP3 playback, Xenon headlights, and such are optional on BMW's. My wife has a Subaru Tribeca and it came with ALL of that stuff and also includes rear view camera and other goodies. You would think BMW would be one of the leaders in technology, instead they nickel and dine you to death unless you buy the absolute top model.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 E55

u should've seen factory iPod kit on my car.... so shitty....