E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Automatic Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MARCUS545: I get this information from www.bmwtis.com. I pay for this service. However it is a valuable resource.

Tsandas: I will have to find the bulletin that stated it but it said end of June/earlyJuly. When I find it, I will post it.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Thanks. I have a list of things all tied to version 12.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GotBMW,

Any bulletins on Brake Force Display activation? It would mostly apply to EU spec cars built before December 2003.

Also any bulletins on noise coming from the engine? Posts on here suggest cause is due to Mechanical belt guide and is fixed by changing to a hydraulic guide.

My dealer is not getting anything useful from BMW UK. So it would be great if you have the bulletins, so I can taken them in to show them.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Members

BMW530: I will check when I get home. I forgot my JumpDrive this morning. I was at my dealer last week Thursday. I stated I heard a noise from the engine si the tech and I took the car down the street, out of the noisy shop, and listen. He is a Master tech dealing with BMW's for over 15 years. There is no starnge noises from my engine. Basically, I never heard anything until I started reading about other poeple hearing noises and then sub-consciencly mine appeared.

Again, I will take a look when I get home and post whatever I find for you.

Cheers!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Members

Interesting thead. I noticed yesterday that my lights were on during the day when there was quite bright sunshine. It seems to happen if a change of direction suddenly shields the sun. I also agree that the angle of the sun in the sky effects when they switch on.

I do have one question, which is how long should the lights stay on for once the sensor detects their is suffient light available. Mine seem to be on for ages.

Thanks GotBMW for the tech bulletins. I will speak to my dealer and get my sensitivity adjusted.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:56 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by GotBMW' date='Jun 20 2004, 10:33 AM
Here is a Bulletin directly from BMW regarding this issue.
How do you access Car and Key Memory? I just got through reading TFM with this in mind and found nothing to help me set Car and Key Memory for headlights:
- Normal
- Sensitive
- Very sensitive

Also nothing in iDrive.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Car memory settings can only be programmed by your dealer. They'll hook your car up to one of their machines and program these settings, no way to do it yourself.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Contributors

If the lights go on during the day, would the rear taillights affect other drivers?

I've stopped using the automatic feature, but think I might return to the auto feature and if the lights go on early, so be it.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Contributors

So if I understand this correctly, if I want my switch to be less sensitive to light I have to set it to 'very sensitive'?? Meaning I want the lights to switch on as late (dark) as possible?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

That's the way it reads to me as well. I understand from another thread that you can get a print out of all the car's current car/key memory settings at the dealer.

Quick Reply: Automatic Headlights