E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto closure when it rains

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love keeping my car fresh as possible exp as i smoke. twice now i have been caught out by the rain with the sun roof.

my theory:

when car is in locked state with no cabin movement the rain sensor is permently powered and instead of feeding a signal to say swipe the wipes, it sends a signal to the electrics in windows and roof to close them fully in the same way auto closure works via the remote there must be a way to make this happen/ work. but how?

to find out

when pressing the remote down to fully closure is makes all windows and roof close in one go so there must be a wire that goes to something to make that happen in one hit so to speak so if the rain sensor could send that same signal? / pulse of current to it....?

a way to make the rain sensor permently powered - would it take to much battery?

a way to make this only work if the car is vacant and locked only - something to do with no ignition maybe? or maybe a signal is sent to the alarm brain ? to tell the car its now locked acticate the alarm.

when i say signal most the time i mean a electrical pulse or connection of some kind

come one ppl this would be amazin to have and cool at the same time

we will make this work!!!!