E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auto-Close/Open all Windows & sunroof my holding Remote Key?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Hi,

There have been discussions before about AUTO-Closing or Opening all the Windows with the press & hold of LOCK key on Remote.

On my 2006 US car I can get all my windows to open by holding UNLOCK button on REMOTE.

But, How to get all Windows (including Sun-roof) to Close by holding LOCK button on the Remote. There must be some connection/wiring to get this to work too?

Since non-US people were able to get this to work by Dealer programming and for some of them it is Standard too!

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

The lawyers beat you to it.
auto close is disabled for north american vehicles, you cannot even get it reactivated.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

Ya.. May be some one out there probably found a neat hack to work-around it
Old 05-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='429168' date='May 28 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi,

There have been discussions before about AUTO-Closing or Opening all the Windows with the press & hold of LOCK key on Remote.

On my 2006 US car I can get all my windows to open by holding UNLOCK button on REMOTE.

But, How to get all Windows (including Sun-roof) to Close by holding LOCK button on the Remote. There must be some connection/wiring to get this to work too?

Since non-US people were able to get this to work by Dealer programming and for some of them it is Standard too!

Any ideas? Thanks!
I think if you pull out the little key from the fob (the metal one), and stick it in the driver's door lock with windows and/or sunroof open, you can close anything open by turning it to the left or right (I'm not sure, as I've never done it). You can't use the fob buttons to close the glass.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by rollee' post='429169' date='May 29 2007, 12:25 AM
The lawyers beat you to it.
auto close is disabled for north american vehicles, you cannot even get it reactivated.
Don't understand - what's the safety issue in being able to close your windows from the fob??
Old 05-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Yah only way is to use the key and turn it to LOCK and hold, then all windows.. but not so coool

Sometimes I turn the Light knob to PARKING, so Angel lights come on.. then I drive with Angel lights but it comes to park I always forget to turn it off. They keep lit even thought u press LOCK on the remote. would be nice when you press LOCK on key remote it kills all lights. Just like a $15k toyota does
Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by dawi' post='429183' date='May 28 2007, 07:04 PM
Don't understand - what's the safety issue in being able to close your windows from the fob??
We Americans aren't bright enough to make sure our children or someone else is not hanging out the window when we do it, despite to anti-trap feature! Plus, in America we tend to be more inclined to file a lawwsuit rather taking repsonsibility for our own actions, hence the disabling of this feature for us...
Old 05-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

I am sure guys like nicke60gre , can figure out how to the wiring, so we can enable it too
Old 05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='429186' date='May 28 2007, 08:15 PM
Yah only way is to use the key and turn it to LOCK and hold, then all windows.. but not so coool

Sometimes I turn the Light knob to PARKING, so Angel lights come on.. when i park I always forget to turn it off. would be nice when you press LOCK on key remote it kills all lights. Just like a $15k toyota does

Reason being is in case the remote fails for whatever reason or the person simply walked away, and something (like a person or animal) is caught and got hurt, BMW can be responsible for liabilities. However if the operator is actually at the door, he/she can definitely see if anything is caught and react immediately.

Always adjust the light to A (auto) position, when you switch off the engine the angel eyes are on until you open the driver's door.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I can close all the stuff but how do you open all the stuff from the key.

Quick Reply: Auto-Close/Open all Windows & sunroof my holding Remote Key?