E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Australian E60 Sub forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M54
Model Year: 525i 2004

Originally Posted by borisnewn
I thought i had to start it.
am i the only aussie here?
Mate, Not sure if starting a different sub forum is going to help, but the only benefit I can see is to share places where we can get parts for the BMW (OEM or original). I have been visiting this forum from past 1 month and doing different DIYs and discovered it is more beneficial to post there rather than starting this forum to keep one topic. But thats my opinion.

I am from Wollongong, and one day would like to a convoy of 5 series from Sydney to Canberra or something like that
Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys

new to the forum, just wanted to say hello ! Im from Sydney.

just purchased a 530i , black/black .

My first ever 4 door car !

noticed there is not much action on this forum for us Australians, im keen to change that !
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: 525i

Hey All,

Located in Melbourne, ill be rejoining the 5 series club after a brief hiatus with a Boxster for a few years.

I'll be picking up my 2007 E60 525i M sport this week and I can't wait. It will be carbon schwartz black with black interior and titanium mesh trim. The first thing I'll be doing is ripping out the stacker and putting in an iPod integration unit. Does anybody know where I may get a deal on one of these. Just nervous from eBay, and feel extorted by a dealer.

Anyway, this will be my second 5 series, having owned a E39 a while ago. Look forward to chatting and even organizing a cruise with you guys. Chat soon

First
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 AM
New Members

Hello from Qld, I have a 2006 530d M sport which I bought about 18 months ago. I haven't started modding yet but after reading some of the topics in this forum I am feeling the need to explore.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 07-30-2014, 01:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i 04

Hey guys, NEED HELP!!!!

Recently picked up my 2004 E60 530i. Car sat in the garage for a little bit and i think the battery is either dead or about to die or it hasn't been coded. So I am thinking about getting a new one. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a specific type of battery and a workshop that can code them preferably cheap))) I live in melbourne, moorabbin area. Any response will be appreciated. Thx
Old 07-30-2014, 06:42 AM
New Members

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 525i-M Sports 05'
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Sample011
Hey guys, NEED HELP!!!!

Recently picked up my 2004 E60 530i. Car sat in the garage for a little bit and i think the battery is either dead or about to die or it hasn't been coded. So I am thinking about getting a new one. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a specific type of battery and a workshop that can code them preferably cheap))) I live in melbourne, moorabbin area. Any response will be appreciated. Thx
Hello, sorry to hear about your BM, didn't know there was an OZ sub-forum... I like it

Now, we've replaced an X5 battery few weeks ago due to drainage. Battery World and Independent mechanic recommends Varta (BMW batteries are basically rebadged versions of these) for make. Find one that's same size as your current one, or get the newer AGM ones if not already.

Coding, I've used Purely Prestige Automotive in Narre Warren for any work on the X5 and my 525i. Nice little Euro mechanic that also employ BMW technicians. Believe X5 battery coding price was around $100, took half an hour, and no dramas
If you are considering using Purely Prestige, don't go off google maps, they've moved to a new office around the corner. Let me know and I can hunt down their details
Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i M sport

aussie here!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:06 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i 04

Originally Posted by Pistratoaie
Hello, sorry to hear about your BM, didn't know there was an OZ sub-forum... I like it

Now, we've replaced an X5 battery few weeks ago due to drainage. Battery World and Independent mechanic recommends Varta (BMW batteries are basically rebadged versions of these) for make. Find one that's same size as your current one, or get the newer AGM ones if not already.

Coding, I've used Purely Prestige Automotive in Narre Warren for any work on the X5 and my 525i. Nice little Euro mechanic that also employ BMW technicians. Believe X5 battery coding price was around $100, took half an hour, and no dramas
If you are considering using Purely Prestige, don't go off google maps, they've moved to a new office around the corner. Let me know and I can hunt down their details
Thx a lot mate, I will consider. From my knowledge BMW batteries were rebadged versions of Exide, oh well whatever it is, it is no longer working. Messed up my active steering completely, and there is another malfunction now but i will never be able to spell the word. Something to do with adjusting power steering to speed...
Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2001 E39 530i Executive

Gday peeps!

Another aussie newbie on the forum as of today!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:07 AM
New Members

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 525i-M Sports 05'
Model Year: 2005

No worries, for those interested. Details of Purely Prestige; 7/8 Len Thomas Place. Narre Warren (They're factory 7) Steve is the boss there and he'll be the one to look for, although Paul is also great to work with Phone number: 9704 5555.

Sample011 seriously hope what you're describing about power steering is not an issue I had last year on mine!!! Active steering module died and the cost was couple thousand at low speeds turning is obvious as their's no power steering and at high speeds it's not as stable. Are these what you're experiencing? hopefully sorted after battery replaced X5 electronics went crazy once battery drained and shortly after new one, should fix itself once all is set though.

Quick Reply: Australian E60 Sub forum