E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Australian E60 Sub forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Executive

does anyone know where to get the ipod interface in melbourne?? anywhere besides the dealership

i remembered someone recommended a shop here
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008MY 530d Sport, 19" wheels, comfort access, professional navigation, HUD, sunroof, iPod connectivity.

Hello,
Just introducing myself to this forum as a new owner of a 2008MY 530d. It's my second Beemer, having traded my 2005 E60 325i on it. Very happy with it so far, having just driven it to Queensland for holiday. Awesome performance and amazing economy of 6.1 l/100km for whole trip, including peak hour traffic through Melbourne. It's metallic Space Gray, with the MSport pack (lower suspension, 19" wheels etc), sunroof, comfort access and HUD. It also has a USB access port in the compartment under the phone cradle, so I can play all my iPod stuff though the audio system via iDrive - very cool. Embarrassingly, I flattened the battery the day after I bought it (from Doncaster BMW). Spent too much time in the cockpit learning how all the controls worked, and ignored the warning signals that the battery was getting low. From then on, I've run the engine! I'm a retired engineer, so I'm quite interested in DIY stuff, as much for learning about the car as to save money.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by borisnewn
http://www.holspecialparts.com.au/about.html
these guys did my front m5 bumper. really good painting at a really good price.
Hey Borisnewn,

Could you give a ball park on the replacement cost.
Also, was it an upgrade, or a retrofit of a M tech from a standard...
i need a new front (replacement) due to a gutter accident...
Old 09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

i bought mine in ebay.. the seller was from US.. i replace it with my CD changer..
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008MY 530d Sport, 19" wheels, comfort access, professional navigation, HUD, sunroof, iPod connectivity.

Originally Posted by ulvit
Hey Borisnewn,

Hi Steve,
Saw your note on my member's page. I can find no trace of my previous message about Nav in Australia in the entire forum. So to paraphrase my reply - I've just bought a 2008MY 530d, and the dealer supplied and installed what he described as the latest Professional Nav DVD. It includes Eastlink, and it was accurate over a current trip from Victoria to Queensland. Its title is "DVD Road Map, Australia/New Zealand. Professional 2010". It does not have a version number, it does have a BMW logo, and it is a Whereis/Tele Atlas product. The iDrive software in my car is not the latest incarnation. It's quite similar to the system which was in my 2005 E90 (now traded), so I'm unsure if it would work in cars with the current on-board software. Any other questions - just ask away!
Rob
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brob
Hi Steve,
Saw your note on my member's page. I can find no trace of my previous message about Nav in Australia in the entire forum. So to paraphrase my reply - I've just bought a 2008MY 530d, and the dealer supplied and installed what he described as the latest Professional Nav DVD. It includes Eastlink, and it was accurate over a current trip from Victoria to Queensland. Its title is "DVD Road Map, Australia/New Zealand. Professional 2010". It does not have a version number, it does have a BMW logo, and it is a Whereis/Tele Atlas product. The iDrive software in my car is not the latest incarnation. It's quite similar to the system which was in my 2005 E90 (now traded), so I'm unsure if it would work in cars with the current on-board software. Any other questions - just ask away!
Rob
Cheers Rob for getting back to me
If you have proffesional, that means its a purple (or red) disk. (i suggest creating a copy of this for a backup (write it on the slowest speed to get the best quality)
I have Business sat nav....( a sh*tier version that just displays the instructions and no visual maps. THis is the Green disk.
running Versin 12 at the moment, however it sounds like your running version 14,15 0r 16
Old 09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Executive

Hey Borisnewn,

hey,
the paint and fitting cost be about 400-500 at hols special
however if you want an mtech bumper, i have a 2nd hand one i am willing to sell for $100. however it has no hardware (lower grill, air ducts, etc). you could possibly get all of that at the dealership.

pm me, let me know if youre interested
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Members

pm sent
Old 09-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006

Nice ride! I'm from Melbourne too! Where abouts in Melbourne??

Anyway, yes I think we should have a gathering for 5 Series Aussies or even 5 Series Melburnians!

Do any of you guys know really winding long cruise roads??
Mornington Peninsula has some great BMW roads. Take MP freeway to Arthurs Seat turn-off, then climb to summit. Turn right at Purves Rd and travel to Baldry's Rd roundabout (careful - limit here is 90 km/h). Left into Baldry's Rd all way to T with Mornington Flinders Rd. Turn right towards Flinders and keep going to junction with Boneo Rd. Take Boneo Rd back towards Rosebud, and rejoin Freeway back to Melbourne. Guaranteed pleasure, and great scenery as well! Cheers Brob
Old 09-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Members

Cheers Rob for getting back to me
If you have proffesional, that means its a purple (or red) disk. (i suggest creating a copy of this for a backup (write it on the slowest speed to get the best quality)
I have Business sat nav....( a sh*tier version that just displays the instructions and no visual maps. THis is the Green disk.
running Versin 12 at the moment, however it sounds like your running version 14,15 0r 16
Hi Steve, As I said I can't be absolutely certain which version number I've got, but I have backed the DVD up for safety, and it seems to be error-free. My E90 had the business nav, but the prof is much better, and more expensive too. Even so the Tomtom in my wife's Z3 beats them all hands down, and it only cost $227!!
Rob

Quick Reply: Australian E60 Sub forum