E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Audio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 53 plate 545i Black/Cream

Sorry if this has been discussed before..

First problem.. I currently have the Sat Nav CD/DVD and a music cd stuck in the drive(purchased the car second hand and didn't realised the Sat Nav CD/DVD was already in the drive), anyone know an easy way to get them out ? (Sat Nav still works but needs updating).

Second problem.. How can I find out what audio system is installed so that I know what Sat Nav update to purchase ?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 530d M sport

The dealer will be able to tell you what spec you car was, including the type of hifi / DVD system you have installed.... Whether it is professional Nva and also if you have an amp system stereo or the standard on.

Do you have the one CD slot or do you have the one with the CD drive at the top and DVD drive underneath?

If you have the satnav DVD drive, its the professional one, it will be the one with the bigger 8 inch monitor and have a split screen display. The music 2/3 screen on the left and sat nav in smaller screen 1/3 to the right (but you can make the satnav the 2/3 screen size as well.

In regards to the sat nav update, it just depends which sytem you have professional or business i think. but the dealer can give you the specs if yougive them the chassis number / regsitration number.

Have you tried pressing and holding the eject button on the DVD for more than 5 secs as this may help......or maybe you will need some tweezers.....it will probably damage th DVD so this is not advisable....... I am not sure if there is a manual eject like there is on PC CD drives where you can put a pin in a small hole ore not. I will have to check....
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 53 plate 545i Black/Cream

Only have one slot for CD(did also have disk changer but had it removed and ipod interface added), have tried the hold on/off button for 5 secs trick, can hear drive attempting to eject disks but unfortunately nothing comes out. Been to local dealer who said they could have a look but if drive gets damaged they are quoting £2k for replacement. I will contact guy I purchased car from as he was original owner to find out what audio system it is.
Attached Thumbnails Audio Problem-bmw1.jpg