E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auburn Interior

Old 12-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyway do u know they r selling 730i for 255k? when it was first launched, it was 299k
Old 12-18-2003, 04:49 PM

i did not go sepang. I scared my car get robbed at gunpoint in JB. I thought beige is nice too but the sales manager told me very hard to maintain. I opted for grey interior like my old E39. The seats not seasoned yet and are now quite stiff. The old seats in my E39 seemed more comfortable than standard seats in E60 as there seemed to be more lumbar support. I guess BMW want us to upgrate to comfort seats. The idrive is cool and my kids like to play with it. So far so good with idrive except that this morning, the display came out after a slight delay after I started engine. Any one else have this experience?
Old 12-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Alex

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 18 2003, 03:01 AM
Hi, I am also from Singapore. My E60 is Sapphire Black with grey interior. Grey and black go together well due to the contrast. I have clocked 200 km so far on my E60 520i. It is a nice car.
I am in Hong Kong n just picked up my 520i in Silver Grey/Grey interior. The car is great n I don't believe it gives out so much power,even on hill slope, for just 173 horsepower.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:31 PM

Hi Alex, you are right. Hong Kong has many sloping roads but in Singapore, we are just a flat land and all roads are flat. The only slopes are those in multi-storey car parks. The 520i cannot compare to 545i in terms of power. I drove the 545i in California and I get very upset driving the 520i when I return to Singapore. I was in Hong KOng last week and only saw 2 E60 520i. Cheers!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:37 PM
520i

guest....

i don't remember u leh...did we talk in asia motoring? btw...nice meeting u here. how is your car now? i m getting mine nx week....can't wait man. Tit silver with auburn...i tink not many ppl have this combi...cos it really will affect resale value.

530i...

i agree with u lah...the 7 looks abit old. make u look old oso.
wah...i tink ur 530 will be wonderful...i hope u dun sell this car for the next few years cos the black interior will not help ur resale

Alex...

I don't understand what u mean by so much power...i though guest said he clock 200km and not 200km/h? i drove a 320i before...it can go up to 200km/h...for new 5...it shouldn't be a problem ya.

cheers.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:45 PM

520i, I saw a silver grey with auburn at the Dunean Delivery Centre. Auburn does not appear to be but I guess it is individual preference. What is important is you like it and not whether others like it. Just like I dislike Olive Green but some people love it. I am seeing more and more E60 on Singapore roads now due to year end delivery. I booked mine in Nov and got it in Dec. PML said it is ex-stock. I think mine is September production. The engine for 520i is creamy but pick up not so good. Very quiet though and very nimble athough car is bulky. Cheers!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:55 PM
520i

Guest...

I totally agree with you. I brought my parents and wife to PML. Mother likes auburn...father said auburn too redish...wife likes auburn and grey...I like auburn and grey. We all dislike black...cos it really looks dull to us...(to us only..i mean ok).

The dealer advised me that it is hard to sell nx time. Only indian or cacausian will buy this color. I said no problem, worst come to worst, I changed the interior color later.

Mine is also sept production. I booked on the 27 Nov. Very excited now...heart pounding....

I really hope this car has less problem...new model always has some glitches..like your Idrive issue...already heard many people reported this. Maybe Micrsoft should improve it...heh heh. What is your door handles color? Do you intend to change the bulb to xeon? See this url:www.jimmy540i.com. I changed the rim to 17" 138 runflat...wow..anothr 4K+..the runflat tyres damn ex man.

Cheers.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:30 PM

520i, I wanted to change the rim to 17" but wife said don't waste money and give the money to her to buy Gucci. The standard 124 rim not too bad lah. You will be very happy with the E60 no doubt. I feel shiok driving it as it makes heads turned. No need to change headlight to Xenon lah. Halogen good enough already. I changed the lights in my E39 to Xenon because I wanted the angel eye lights. The halogen on E60 also angel eye type and makes the car looks like an eagle from the front. Strange that angel eye lights become eagle's eyes! The red reflectors on the back bumper look cool!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:34 PM

Exclamation

One more thing - the E60 got no spare rim; only got spare tyre! Damn cheepo man! I think BMW wants to make people change to run flat tyres! I am looking for a spare 124 style rim to fit the spare tyre onto. If no spare rim, it means tyre puncture must get mechanic to transfer rim on the spot. Like that how man? Wonder if BMW Assist provides this on-the-spot typre transfer service FOC? If not hor, I will have to run until flat to get my punctured tyre transferred on my own!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:36 PM
520i

Haha... You got the e60...your wife got the Gucci.

No offence, 124 really sucks! I don't know who decide on this. I met people in PML who keen to buy the e60...all said the 124 sucks. But most them not changing..cos their wives like prada, gucci and lv

Head really turns ah? Maybe novelty lah...six months later nobody bother.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auburn Interior