E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auburn Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the final throws of deciding on my upcoming 530 order. I'm very intrigued by the combination of Sapphire Black and Auburn but I'm not thrilled by any of the interior trim options. I find the Poplar color not really right; a strange contrast with the reddish-brown of the leather. The Anthracite is cold and has a greyish hue which seems wrong as well. The Titanium doesn't looks good to me either and adds nothing to the interior IMHO.

What are others doing? Has anyone ordered Aluminum? Is it even possible to get that in the US?

How is Auburn "wearing" on those of you that have it?

thanks!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Members

I'm going with Auburn with Poplar inside Oxford Green. You could be right about the Auburn/Poplar combination, but I don't think it'll be too bad. I decided on Poplar rather than Anthracite so that the seats covers aren't the only non-black/gray interier part.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Members

My E60 (Titanium Grey) has Auburn Dakota with the standard Titanium interior trim, and the combination is good - Titanium "breaks the otherwise sharp borders" between black and auburn very well.

After 3 months of daily use there is no recognizable wear but the seats start to look and feel more comfortable, as they have been "driven in".
Old 12-16-2003, 06:12 AM
aparlin

I think the titanium is the best fit for an auburn interior. The poplar clashes with the auburn, whereas the titanium looked nice and modern.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Members

Could someone post some pictures with the titanium/auburn combination, esp. shots toward the instrument cluster with some of the auburn seats visable? I've not seen the titanium trim much. Is the titanium trim really titanium metal or just some other gray-ish material?
Old 12-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Members

I thought I saw the Titanium in a base 525. Isn't it the default trim you get without the premium package? I think in Europe you can also order aluminum but to my knowledge, that's not available in the US.

btw: I think my earlier question about "wear" wasn't well articulated. What I was trying to ask was for those people with Auburn, do you still like it? I'm a little concerned that although I think it's striking and dramatic today, I might tire of it after a while.

thanks!
Old 12-16-2003, 01:22 PM

Auburn and poplar clashes terribly. With anthracite it looks nice, and I assume also with ti but I have not seen ti up close as everything seems to have premium.

If we had out choice it would have been jet over auburn with ti trim, no premium but with comfort seats and leather.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I've seen the Auburn in a White 525 on two occasions. Both had premium package and poplar wood, but not on the door handles. I think the poplar wood on the dash and the center console go nicely and blend in well against the black surfaces of the two-tone Auburn and Black, but I don't think I would like them on the door pulls as they would be right next to the Auburn leather on the door and wouldn't look so good.

So, when I order mine next year, I hope I can get the door pulls in the Ti looking color and the rest in wood. If not, I may have to order the Poplar trim and then trade with someone who did not get wooden door handles from early production or just order the Ti looking door pulls separately.

I think Anthracite would look OK on the dash, but I think it too would clash on the door pulls. The only color I feel would look good on the door pulls is Aluminum or Ti.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Members

After four months of daily "visual use" Auburn still looks very good.

I would say that it has a positive twist to it - being a bit different than your average interior..fits the concept of E60 well..and there might be a trend developing, I have noticed more concept and special cars (in car shows) having a similar type of "natural brown" leather.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Members

Hey JCK

I am with you all the way with the Sapphire Black extrior and the auburn interior. I think either the Popular or Titanium is the way to go. The Popular will give it a warm feeling while the Titanium will give you a sharp contrast between the leather and the Black interior pieces. I wouldn't do the Anthracite because of the grayish tone it would give off and clash with the Brownish/Orange leather. In the end it is just a matter of taste so good luck.

Quick Reply: Auburn Interior