E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone renew their Sirius subscription lately?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I just renewed mine ... no bargains out there! wound up costing me about $140 for 12 months for the total subscription. In addition to the come-on prices they advertise there is a music license fee and sales tax too (at least for us in NJ. I went out there looking for coupons etc .... No luck :-( And MrRebates applies to the purchase of equipment NOT the subscription.
Called ... talked to "cancellation department" ... said after giving the renewal I was recently offered more thought didn't feel $140/year was enough of a value to warrant continuing the subscription. The US based customer service representative promptly offered me the 1/2 off "special" and refunded me the difference that netted me a new annual price of $77 + taxes.

I'm good with that
Old 02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

That's great news, Luigi! Congrats!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Members

If you have an existing subscription, adding a second one is not as cheap as it used to be. I think I paid like $100 for the year to add my second car...used to be like $5 per month to add the extra..they must have jacked the prices to compensate for Stern staying on for another 5 years..BABA-BOOEY!! Love me some Stern though..
Old 02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jayarras
That's great news, Luigi! Congrats!
Thanks - thought it'd be worth a try. If you don't ask ... no one will volunteer!

I always said it's not how much you make but how you spend it that counts ... or looking at it another way I freed up $70 to invest in some single malt scotch
Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I always said it's not how much you make but how you spend it that counts ... or looking at it another way I freed up $70 to invest in some single malt scotch
You aren't one of those "Millionaires Next Door", are you? <grin>
Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 AM
New Members

I renewed mine about mid January. Cost $168.00 for 1 year (after tax and charges), I called the 1-800 number that is displayed on the screen. may have paid to much but was travelling through an area with no radio reception and was desperate to listen to music.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spootyooty
I renewed mine about mid January. Cost $168.00 for 1 year (after tax and charges), I called the 1-800 number that is displayed on the screen. may have paid to much but was travelling through an area with no radio reception and was desperate to listen to music.
Call SIrius from your home-based landline and tell them you have thought about it and changed your mind ... ask for the cancellation department. That will move the call from their off-shore operations to a US-Based customer service rep who has more authority to "offer you a renewal deal" to keep you as a customer.

Suggestion(s)
  1. ... be nice polite and ask for help ...
  2. Demanding will DEFINITELY get you a "Sorry you're not happy - we'll be glad to cancel your subscription!"
  3. DO NOT SAY ... everyone I've talked to has gotten a special price ... that might queer the opportunity for others
Good luck - let us know if you can save a little money ... Then I'll tell you which single malt scotch I prefer
Old 02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jayarras
You aren't one of those "Millionaires Next Door", are you? <grin>
Nah ... the millionaires sit in the "cheap seats"
Old 02-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

I am assuming you guys dont have to deal with all the dead spots??? The wife's Tahoe has it and there are dead spots everywhere... I love the music selection when its uninterrupted but I get sooo annoyed when its not!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jaycal3
I am assuming you guys dont have to deal with all the dead spots??? The wife's Tahoe has it and there are dead spots everywhere... I love the music selection when its uninterrupted but I get sooo annoyed when its not!
You get used to it after awhile... until your passenger points it out. Must have something to do with the human brain wanting to fill the gaps

Quick Reply: Anyone renew their Sirius subscription lately?