E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

anyone get 16.2 yet? curious about what changes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

The seals that Wassy is referring to are door seals, not window seals. They would have nothing to do with the window trap function. I think you are now experiencing the creaks from body flex that are caused by older door seals. The CarboFlo trick worked twice for me but no longer. No amount of CarboFlo will stop the creaks. If I had new tires (getting them next week) I would find the creaks even more annoying.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:18 PM
The seals that Wassy is referring to are door seals,? not window seals.? They would have nothing to do with the window trap function.? I think you are now experiencing the creaks from body flex that are caused by older door seals.? The CarboFlo trick worked twice for me but no longer. No amount of CarboFlo will stop the creaks.? If I had new tires (getting them next week) I would find the creaks even more annoying.
[snapback]115831[/snapback]

true.. quieter tires, more noticable creaking! YUCK!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:21 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:18 PM']The seals that Wassy is referring to are door seals,? not window seals.? They would have nothing to do with the window trap function.?? I think you are now experiencing the creaks from body flex that are caused by older door seals.?? The CarboFlo trick worked twice for me but no longer. No amount of CarboFlo will stop the creaks.?? If I had new tires (getting them next week) I would find the creaks even more annoying.

[snapback]115832[/snapback]
[/quote]

your right Hormazd...that's what my dealer was explaining...well, for me the tires were the biggest issue and has really made the biggest difference. I do notice the creaking and can hear it more now that the tires are quiet. I've been noticing the sound of the engine more than the creaking though...If there is a new "seal" to fix the creaking - i'm in...thanks!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:32 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:21 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:18 PM']The seals that Wassy is referring to are door seals,? not window seals.? They would have nothing to do with the window trap function.?? I think you are now experiencing the creaks from body flex that are caused by older door seals.?? The CarboFlo trick worked twice for me but no longer. No amount of CarboFlo will stop the creaks.?? If I had new tires (getting them next week) I would find the creaks even more annoying.

[/quote]

your right Hormazd...that's what my dealer was explaining...well, for me the tires were the biggest issue and has really made the biggest difference. I do notice the creaking and can hear it more now that the tires are quiet. I've been noticing the sound of the engine more than the creaking though...If there is a new "seal" to fix the creaking - i'm in...thanks!
[snapback]115836[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cader,
Who is your dealer?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Members

I had my UK car in for seals and CIP 16.x this week.

I only got 3 out of 4 doors fixed with seals as I guess BMW UK is running low :-)
However the difference is pretty black and white. Problem gone so far.

Ref CIP 16.x I am most impressed with the MP3 facility. Works well. Am really enjoying 170+ tracks on 1 CDR in the dash !

BTW there is an issue with Active Steering when you start the car, you hear (sometimes) a grinding noise for a few seconds. Car works + steers fine. However the alignment can be out after the grinding stops. I am told there is a software fix due June. (bit weird driving for hours with a steering wheel not quite vertical on a motorway).
Old 04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:34 PM
[quote name='cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:32 PM'][quote name='wassy' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:21 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:18 PM']The seals that Wassy is referring to are door seals,? not window seals.? They would have nothing to do with the window trap function.?? I think you are now experiencing the creaks from body flex that are caused by older door seals.?? The CarboFlo trick worked twice for me but no longer. No amount of CarboFlo will stop the creaks.?? If I had new tires (getting them next week) I would find the creaks even more annoying.

[/quote]

[snapback]115836[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cader,
Who is your dealer?
[snapback]115838[/snapback]
[/quote]

New Century BMW...although they're about 30 miles from where I live, they have been pretty good and provided a loan car everytime...not to mention picking up the rest of my tires...
Old 04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Steptronic Auto: Silver Grey Metalic / Black Dakota Leather, Navigation System, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather, Rear Electric Sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Satellite Radio (Sirus). Born 12/19/2004, USA arrival 1/14/2005 delivered 1/24/2005

Function Changes CIP 16.2

Modified displays
BMW Contact Revised menu guidance
Navigation System - Expanded menu in arrow view
Touring: Automatic tailgate actuation (M3 I guess)
BMW Radio Professional: Playback of compressed audio files (MP3)
Service requirements: Modified display if service is not performed on time.
Status information is now faded out when the Control Display switched off.
New "perspective view" on map display. (Change map view, facing north, dir of travel or 'perspective' which has clouds in sky 3D display)

Software errors fixed:

Exterior lights flash briefly when vehicle wakes up.
Vehicles equiped with CCC reboot on startup.
Timer was extended on Bluetooth handset. Ring limit fixed.
Audio off or mute is stored.
All 6 CD's can be selected.
Navigation map is displayed after engine is switched off.
PDC tone volume changed.
Automatic headlamps change when vehicle both enters and leaves a tunnel.
Transmission fix - loss of power when decelerating or coming to a stop. N62 vehicles.
Ventilation temperature too cold, fixed.

Looks like no RDS or SMS yet...