E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone in CT still awaiting delivery????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

I know some people have had to wait longer, but its the expectation factor that kills you. on 10/25 SA tells me an arrival date of 10/26 - my birthday. 4 business days later, nothing.....My car came off the Integrity in NY on October 16th. I know Aero kit takes a while longer but its going on three weeks. Its ironic how many americans (myself excluded) criticize the relaxed european work ethic, when my car was made in europe in just over a week, and shipped from europe across the ocean in just over a week, and then once it gets to NJ fugettaboutit...gone. No tracking, no status information, just hurry up and wait.

Now my SA tells me he is not going to make his bounus because he has to deliver one more car by today to do so. Conspiracy theorist delight.... Seriously, is anyone else waiting for a delivery in Connecticut? If so, what news? I am going to have to take delivery with snow tires at this rate.

DRP
Old 10-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535XI, Barbera Red with beige leather, Navigation, premium package, cold weather package, 18 inch wheels, 2007 530XI, Monaco Blue with Auburn leather , Navigation, Logic 7, premium package, cold weather package, M-Aero kit, Rear Spoiler, 18 inch 135m style wheels, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's, AngeliBrights. 2008 650i convertible Titaniun Silver Chateau pearl leather,Gray top, cold weather package, Logic 7 premium sound, comfort access.

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='350757' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:33 PM
I know some people have had to wait longer, but its the expectation factor that kills you. on 10/25 SA tells me an arrival date of 10/26 - my birthday. 4 business days later, nothing.....My car came off the Integrity in NY on October 16th. I know Aero kit takes a while longer but its going on three weeks. Its ironic how many americans (myself excluded) criticize the relaxed european work ethic, when my car was made in europe in just over a week, and shipped from europe across the ocean in just over a week, and then once it gets to NJ fugettaboutit...gone. No tracking, no status information, just hurry up and wait.

Now my SA tells me he is not going to make his bounus because he has to deliver one more car by today to do so. Conspiracy theorist delight.... Seriously, is anyone else waiting for a delivery in Connecticut? If so, what news? I am going to have to take delivery with snow tires at this rate.

DRP
I'm not waiting, but my 530XI took over three weeks for the aero kit in NJ and almost six weeks from the time it was shipped to my taking delivery in CT. At the time they had an issue with a suspension recall and if there are any recall issues now they will hold up the cars in NJ and make the repairs. Waiting for your new baby is one of the toghest things but just get ready to enjoy it. I don't like the part about a whining SA. :thumbsdown: Maybe if he worked harder and whined less he would make a bonus more often.