E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody else too lazy to program the garage remote?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i've had my car for 2 years now, and still have a remote clipped on my visor.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport SMG, 2010 550i M-Sport, 2010 E92 M3

Me. Have had the car for a year now. Remote clipped to visor as I have one of those randomized cycling remote code garage door things.
All I know is that I tried twice and gave up! Maybe I'll try it again soon.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

you guys are wussies! its simple, just DOT IT already.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Members

I tried a few times but still can't get it working
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

It's on my "to do" list, I'll get around to it - quit rushing me it's only been almost 4 years
Yes, I still have my remote clipped to my visor
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I bet you guys are also the ones that can't figure out how to stream NetFlix to your TV, or to tether your laptop to the net for free, or, dare I say, add a new bill to your online billpayer? Technologically challenged? If it itsn?t point and click, right here and now, you?re out, right? I bet your all also Apple fans ? Ipod all the way, no?

Better get with the times man ? its coming and its coming quick. If you can?t figure out how to set a garage door opener on your car, good lord you?ll never be able to figure out how to set up your avatar when the in house full immersion reality shit for computers comes along and you?ll miss out on the cyber sex and fun to be had. See what this all leads too?just set the garage door openers already, OK.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 AM
Members

After much trial and error, I finally got mine to work with my opener...but now I am too lazy to fix the remote in my wife's Suburban...
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by bha7176
I bet you guys are also the ones that can't figure out how to stream NetFlix to your TV, or to tether your laptop to the net for free, or, dare I say, add a new bill to your online billpayer? Technologically challenged? If it itsn?t point and click, right here and now, you?re out, right? I bet your all also Apple fans ? Ipod all the way, no?

Better get with the times man ? its coming and its coming quick. If you can?t figure out how to set a garage door opener on your car, good lord you?ll never be able to figure out how to set up your avatar when the in house full immersion reality shit for computers comes along and you?ll miss out on the cyber sex and fun to be had. See what this all leads too?just set the garage door openers already, OK.

Netflix? Check
Laptop? Check
Online billpay/shopping? Check
Garage door opener? EPIC FAIL, can't be bothered
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Contributors

The homelink directions can be perplexing to many people and once properly set up the range of the xmitter is very limited ... 20-40 feet.

And, for those of you who noted that it works only for garage doors and such with rolling codes ... well, you're incorrect. I have an OLD craftsman opener that is set with dip switches and programmed by mirror buttons to operate that just fine. It took me 2-3 times to get it right ... you have to follow the sequence exactly as it is written - but it works!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Originally Posted by pjinca
Netflix? Check
Laptop? Check
Online billpay/shopping? Check
Garage door opener? EPIC FAIL, can't be bothered
Wife finally got tired of swapping the remotes between her SUV and her newly acquired '07 530i & told me next time,buy her a car that has built in garage opener like her LX 10 minutes later the garage opener was fixed.

Now with my Mercedes it's a different story. I have owned the E55 for over two years and i am still carrying the remotes

Netflix? Care to explain what the heck this is ?

Laptop? Don't have much time to be watching TV but it would be nice to know how to do that ?

Online billpay/shopping? Wife set it all up so i am good here

Quick Reply: anybody else too lazy to program the garage remote?