5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   anybody else too lazy to program the garage remote? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/anybody-else-too-lazy-program-garage-remote-108846/)

turboawd 01-14-2011 02:10 AM

i've had my car for 2 years now, and still have a remote clipped on my visor. :whistle:

PilotAce 01-14-2011 03:43 AM

Me. Have had the car for a year now. Remote clipped to visor as I have one of those randomized cycling remote code garage door things.
All I know is that I tried twice and gave up! Maybe I'll try it again soon.

bha7176 01-14-2011 03:44 AM

you guys are wussies! its simple, just DOT IT already.

ColourWolf 01-14-2011 05:31 AM

I tried a few times but still can't get it working

pjinca 01-14-2011 05:44 AM

It's on my "to do" list, I'll get around to it - quit rushing me it's only been almost 4 years :tease: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I still have my remote clipped to my visor

bha7176 01-14-2011 06:03 AM

I bet you guys are also the ones that can't figure out how to stream NetFlix to your TV, or to tether your laptop to the net for free, or, dare I say, add a new bill to your online billpayer? Technologically challenged? If it itsn?t point and click, right here and now, you?re out, right? I bet your all also Apple fans ? Ipod all the way, no?

Better get with the times man ? its coming and its coming quick. If you can?t figure out how to set a garage door opener on your car, good lord you?ll never be able to figure out how to set up your avatar when the in house full immersion reality shit for computers comes along and you?ll miss out on the cyber sex and fun to be had. See what this all leads too?just set the garage door openers already, OK.

Mephistopheles 01-14-2011 06:04 AM

After much trial and error, I finally got mine to work with my opener...but now I am too lazy to fix the remote in my wife's Suburban...

pjinca 01-14-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by bha7176 (Post 1293708)
I bet you guys are also the ones that can't figure out how to stream NetFlix to your TV, or to tether your laptop to the net for free, or, dare I say, add a new bill to your online billpayer? Technologically challenged? If it itsn?t point and click, right here and now, you?re out, right? I bet your all also Apple fans ? Ipod all the way, no?

Better get with the times man ? its coming and its coming quick. If you can?t figure out how to set a garage door opener on your car, good lord you?ll never be able to figure out how to set up your avatar when the in house full immersion reality shit for computers comes along and you?ll miss out on the cyber sex and fun to be had. See what this all leads too?just set the garage door openers already, OK.

Netflix? Check
Laptop? Check
Online billpay/shopping? Check
Garage door opener? EPIC FAIL, can't be bothered :thumbsup:

luigi524td 01-14-2011 06:08 AM

The homelink directions can be perplexing to many people and once properly set up the range of the xmitter is very limited ... 20-40 feet.

And, for those of you who noted that it works only for garage doors and such with rolling codes ... well, you're incorrect. I have an OLD craftsman opener that is set with dip switches and programmed by mirror buttons to operate that just fine. It took me 2-3 times to get it right ... you have to follow the sequence exactly as it is written - but it works!

fast 01-14-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 1293711)
Netflix? Check
Laptop? Check
Online billpay/shopping? Check
Garage door opener? EPIC FAIL, can't be bothered :thumbsup:

Wife finally got tired of swapping the remotes between her SUV and her newly acquired '07 530i & told me next time,buy her a car that has built in garage opener like her LX :rolleyes: 10 minutes later the garage opener was fixed.

Now with my Mercedes it's a different story. I have owned the E55 for over two years and i am still carrying the remotes :angry:

Netflix? Care to explain what the heck this is ?

Laptop? Don't have much time to be watching TV but it would be nice to know how to do that ?

Online billpay/shopping? Wife set it all up so i am good here :twoup: