E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any one seen AMETHYST GRAY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 07:36 PM
amethyst_beemer

Hi!

I've ordered a 525i E60 in Amethyst Gray, and truffle brown leather.... Any one seen this in real life?

The BMW catalogue didn't have a full pic of an E60 in this paint+upholstery... and this was the only uncommon paint other than their "Maroon" (which is not available until Feb 04)....

So really wondering what kinda E60 i'm getting...

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maroon? Is this going to be an Euro-only (you mentioned Truffle brown, so I'm assuming you're not US) color? Any other new colors? Where did you find them?

The amethyst grey looks rather nice (and, as you say, uncommon). I'm getting tired of seeing all the gray (light, medium, dark, silver, whatever) cars around. I was looking at that or the copper, but I think it may clash funny with the auburn leather.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:49 PM
amethyst_beemer

Yes, I meant the Red Copper paint... couldn't recall the exact name!

I had initially ordered Red Copper with Red Leather (or is it Auburn?) Anyway, the leather was supposed to some form of red to match the Copper exterior.

I was really looking forward to that, cause i had seen similar combination on the new 7 series (E65) catalogue... Looked great there!

But i can't wait any more until Feb 2004. I have been waiting for 8 months already!

Yes, I've ordered European version and I'm not in the US...

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by amethyst_beemer' date='Nov 30 2003, 10:36 PM
Hi!

I've ordered a 525i E60 in Amethyst Gray, and truffle brown leather.... Any one seen this in real life?

The BMW catalogue didn't have a full pic of an E60 in this paint+upholstery... and this was the only uncommon paint other than their "Maroon" (which is not available until Feb 04)....

So really wondering what kinda E60 i'm getting...?

Thanks!
I have seen the Amethyst Gray with Beige inerior and it looked better than the pictures that I had previously seen of that color. In the pictures that I had seen it looked like a dull Gray with a purple tinge, but in person it looks more like a Brown/Bronze color. I took some pictures of it and posted it at the following link:

Amethyst Gray E60

If you have not seen the Amethyst Gray in person these pictures wiil give you an idea of what it looks like. Although I have to say that in the pictures the purple or plum tinge seems to be exagerated while in person it looks more brown.

I too like the Truffle Brown interior and will be trying to special order it with the Olivin Green Exterior (since it is not available in the US). If you want to see a Truffle Brown leather sample next to the Olivin Green paint click on the following link and then scroll down the page:

Truffle Brown Leather Sample

Good Luck,
rodybmw
Old 12-01-2003, 02:45 AM
amethyste_beemer

Thanks Rody!

Now I know what've ordered!
Old 12-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Members

Yes... My dealer has a 545, & 2 530's. Ugly color. More brown than gray.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:49 PM
amethyste colour

here you can see one .................................................. .

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...?threadid=36951

i hope the link is ok
Old 12-14-2003, 03:19 AM
Members

Not too sure about the amethyst grey.. I've been told that darker colours suit the 5 series better (I've got the titanium grey myself)