E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 9 2004, 10:19 PM
Have anyone tried to set Key Memory? I've read the manual several times and only thing it mentions is this:

BMW has designed several freely selectable options into the vehicle during its development. You can set these as desired via the Control Center.

Where is the Control Center and how do you set it?
[snapback]67161[/snapback]
Your key memory will store a lot of things when you shut off the engine. Such as, the seat and mirror positions, radio station, vent settings, etc....
Also, and this is what they mean, you can set things in idrive. When you are in the main screen, push the controller down and enter the i-menu. Now you see a lot of submenus. Just one example here... Enter the entertainment menu and set your preferences, adjust the equalizer (if you have L7) or just adjust Bass and Treble. Those are settings that will be remembered when you shut off the engine and lock the car. On the second key you can make different settings that will be remembered with the second key.
Those are the settings the manual is refering to.
Another thing the key remembers is the Km/miles on the clock and the shift points...
Old 12-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Contributors

Is there a list somewhere that outlines what setting are related to the key in idrive? Things like radio presets and door locks (1 press unlocks all doors or only drivers door) and seat heat distribution are key specific but the triple turn signal is not Maybe that's a software bug because you would think the turn signal thing would be tied to the key.

Other key specific settings include - NAV screen setup (whats displayed in left and right screens) and the 2 memory settings on the side of the seat. So you can have up to 3 seat/mirror settings per key. (Last position, M1 and M2) Pretty cool for long drives to keep your butt awake.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 9 2004, 05:55 PM
[quote name='Serge007' date='Dec 9 2004, 10:19 PM']Have anyone tried to set Key Memory? I've read the manual several times and only thing it mentions is this:

BMW has designed several freely selectable options into the vehicle during its development. You can set these as desired via the Control Center.

Where is the Control Center and how do you set it?
[snapback]67161[/snapback]
Your key memory will store a lot of things when you shut off the engine. Such as, the seat and mirror positions, radio station, vent settings, etc....
Also, and this is what they mean, you can set things in idrive. When you are in the main screen, push the controller down and enter the i-menu. Now you see a lot of submenus. Just one example here... Enter the entertainment menu and set your preferences, adjust the equalizer (if you have L7) or just adjust Bass and Treble. Those are settings that will be remembered when you shut off the engine and lock the car. On the second key you can make different settings that will be remembered with the second key.
Those are the settings the manual is refering to.
Another thing the key remembers is the Km/miles on the clock and the shift points...
[snapback]67217[/snapback]
[/quote]

Man, you are a walking manual.
I'll try it tomorrow.
Thanks Iceman!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Contributors

I think they only easter egg found here so far is the ctrl-alt-del function.

Press the volume button, eject of cd drive and eject of dvd drive simultaniously.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Dec 10 2004, 04:07 PM
I think they only easter egg found here so far is the ctrl-alt-del function.

Press the volume button, eject of cd drive and eject of dvd drive simultaniously.
[snapback]67434[/snapback]
Yeah. Even my dealer didn't knew about it.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

The passenger ejector seat is cool in a Bond 007 way, but requires the expesnive conformat seat upgrade.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown-27a.jpg

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown-26a.jpg

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown-5auth11.jpg

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown-11a.jpg

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown-12a.jpg
Old 12-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:51 PM

Iceman,

Where can I buy those?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Iceman

What's that int he armrest ? - looks likea collection of Q supplied weapons and toys.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

That's a gun in that armrest. You can release the armrest by pushing a button in the front, from the drivers or passengers seat, and the armrest opens up, th gun slides out towards the driver and passenegr seat, so that you can easily grab it.
For government only.

Quick Reply: Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown