E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any e60 owners ride sportbikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Here's an old thread:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/730..._1#entry822156
Old 05-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

For some reason i thought you guys in the uk had some kinda regulations about beginners and cc limits, but i prolly misunderstood.if your mature 600 is not a problem. motards are fun too..
Old 05-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dbae1978
...the best advice i can give you is not to get one. if you do, you will eventually go down. I have had many friends seriously injured and even pass away. good luck and be safe
This is the truth. Lost many a friend to the bikes. I still ride, but only on dirt.

If you decide to ride, remember you are invisible, and you are a target.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I had been riding off road bikes from 10 to 17 years of age. I've done motocross semi-professional racing as well. A lot of stiches, broken bones and scars to prove it. I remember when my Dad first met my then future wife and told her that if she really loves me, she will not let me near a motorbike. Needless to say, I never ridden a bike since I got married and that is 27 years and counting. Whatever you decided, you have to live with it. GL
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I have a 2001 Kawasaki zx600j. It is the first bike I have ever owned but not ridden. It has a bunch of torque and it very fast as we'll. I just finished my motorcycle safety course and will be taking two more courses. The advanced riders course and the sport bike safety course. They are great classes for the experienced and brand new. Before you buy a bike, go to the course and see if you like it. A friend of mine boughta $14,000 Harley and when he finished the course he realized it was just not for him.

Good luck in whatever you decide but do not for one second blow the safety course off. It is worth it!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

Dittos on the safety course...My first bike was a Honda VFR 800 Interceptor..awesome bike, but after I had my second child, the thought of orphaning them was enough to sell my bike. Sure, I still have the urge to ride, but my priorities have changed.

If you do get one, always ride with protective gear(helmet, gloves, armored jacket and pants)!! I feel sorry for the dopes that wear a t-shirt and shorts when they ride...even a simple lay down can lead to some skin grafts or worse. Don't be that guy!

Will
Old 05-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I have had eight bikes, mostly sport bikes, and I've tracked a couple of them. In my sig is a list of them all. A 600 would be the most that I would recommend to a beginner. I was at a Suzuki dealer a few years ago and saw in the back a row of five gsx1000 with no miles on them twisted and road rashed. I asked the guy if they fell off the truck on delivery, he said no and that they were this months bikes that got delivered to kids with more money than brains and they each crashed them leaving his parking lot after they took delivery.
When I got my first 900cc bike, which was my fifth bike, I waited for the break in period to be over and took it on a quiet back road to see what she could do. I started from a dead stop, revved it up and feathered the clutch out. Within 10 feet there was so much trust that I had a hard time holding on so the throttle rolled open to full without me meaning to do that and I couldn't let go to let the throttle roll back off the gas or I would have been left behind. Now I was an experienced rider and luckily I chose a straight, low traffic road to do this on. These things do 0-60 in less than three seconds. Just respect what it is, an engine with a seat.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

I also had quite a few sportbikes in the past few years: suzuki SV-650S, R1, GSX-R 600, CBR1000RR, CBR600RR (03, 05, 06, 07). For me, i preferred the 600CC bikes: they have more than enough power and are much lighter and easier to have fun with. The 1000 CC bikes are crazy quick in a straight line, but are havier and i often find myself in triple-digits without knowing...

out of all the street bikes, my favorites were the honda cbr600rr's. nice a torqy for a 600 and VERY solid.

after getting too many tickets... i realized that it was time to sell my sportbikes so i don't lose my driver's license.

now the only 2 wheeler i have is a 125cc yamaha vino scooter

Here's a pic of the bikes i had a one time:

Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Senior Members

Since were showing pictures....

Here are my babies...
Attached Thumbnails Any e60 owners ride sportbikes?-n500567613_1172434_8015-1.jpg   Any e60 owners ride sportbikes?-dsc_0336.jpg  
Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

+1 for the motorcycle safety course and staying away from traffic early on. I have a 2002 R6 and I love it!!! Just enough power to enjoy having a sport bike, but not too much power and weight to get myself in trouble. Dont waste your money on anything else smaller, as another member said you will outgrow it fast and wished you got something bigger. Also dont go out and spend your money on a brand new one, look for one a few years older that way you can judge if you really like it, and if not you can sell for almost the same price. If you buy a new one and dont really use it, then you just throwing cash down the drain.

Finally, look online and find a good motorcycle group to ride with, that is unless you already have friends who ride, then your good.

GL and keep us posted!

Here's a pic of my toy!!
Attached Thumbnails Any e60 owners ride sportbikes?-picture-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Any e60 owners ride sportbikes?