E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Audio experts out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Ok, I don't know if I caused this somehow or not...

I've had a Bazooka tube running for a couple months that was installed by a shop. All was ok until today, or at least I think today... I've been listening to talk radio and honestly can't tell much difference with or without the bass. The bass tube has stopped working. It has power and when I pull the fuse and reinstalled the tube makes a small thump. Today, I finished the CCC Navigation install, meaning I removed everything and installed the new fan harness which required me to slide out the CCC, then reinstalled and finished with all the trim panels. After all of this is when I noticed the bass tube was no longer working when I checked the CD operation. I was NO where near this bass tube as it's self powered and in the trunk. I check the wire harnes that goes to it and verified the fuse and also that all wires appeared to be connected to something, everything looks like its supposed to, just no bass or noise from tube at all. Initially, I thought I might have accidentally disconected something when I reinstalled the CCC so I pulled it all back out again and look around and there is nothing there to disconnect... Hopefully, it's just a defected bass tube and they will replace it, but I'm still curious if I could have done something...
I haven't coded yet and the bass was working without any issues. The only thing that go taken out with the CCC upgrade was the SAT Radio and iPod connection. these will return once the coding is completed.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I once installed a CCC into a 525i that did not have logic-7, and the CCC was coded for L7. Before the coding I was still able to get sound from the unit, but it was muddy, mono sounding and lacked any bass. Try popping your old HU in to see if the bass returns - this would be my way of determining if the bazooka has gone bad (which does happen with those things because the amp is prone to overheating).

Until you code the CCC, you really don't know how it will act in your car.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yes, I will do this Sunday evening when I return. The new ccc system sounded perfect up until the recent days and then I noticed yesterday when I finalized everything. If I get the bass back with the mask then I will say the tube is ok and there is something wrong with the CCC. Let's hope this is not the case.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sublime
I once installed a CCC into a 525i that did not have logic-7, and the CCC was coded for L7. Before the coding I was still able to get sound from the unit, but it was muddy, mono sounding and lacked any bass. Try popping your old HU in to see if the bass returns - this would be my way of determining if the bazooka has gone bad (which does happen with those things because the amp is prone to overheating).

Until you code the CCC, you really don't know how it will act in your car.
That took care of it. When I took the CCC back out and unlocked the main harness I noticed the small connector where the fan harness connects seemed to unplug too easily. So I took it apart and verified and then re-snapped it all back together and BAM! it now works. Looks like there must have been a bad connection or something...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb635
That took care of it. When I took the CCC back out and unlocked the main harness I noticed the small connector where the fan harness connects seemed to unplug too easily. So I took it apart and verified and then re-snapped it all back together and BAM! it now works. Looks like there must have been a bad connection or something...
Good deal, glad you got it working.