E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Antoher angel eye question e60- 08 535i

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I also have a 2008 535 LCI and have tried two sets and both caused the error. The first set caused it all the time and the second set only caused the error when running the DRL, with HID's on at night all was ok. I was told to just turn off the DRL...!!! Anyway, that defeats the purpose of even having the upgrade. Umnitza and John both say theirs will not cause the errors in any lighting mode. Umnitza is using resistors on both wires to solve the problem and they are LED. John uses HID and so they must be somewhat brighter. Both sets will cost you ~ 200 and some change so I am personally going to keep my GP Thunders in until the other price comes down a little...
The R-Dash LEDS also have "built in resistors" but still gave me errors... and they didn't look much brighter than the GP Thunders (in the daytime at least).
Old 02-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Members

rest the discussion guys. bumper to bumper warranties are over-rated. clearly.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by anjy834u
rest the discussion guys. bumper to bumper warranties are over-rated. clearly.
This thread has nothing to do with bumper to bumper warranties.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Those are bright! Congrats!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dromero
I heard the LED angel eyes give errors. Is this true? These LED say no errors.... not sure who to believe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...815+&viewitem=
I wouldn't believe it. I emailed John from Motorcepts this morning asking about LED AEs for a 535 and he said there are none that won't throw an error..I tend to believe him, he seems to know his stuff about lighting in these cars and has probably tried to identify an LED solution for the x35's cars with no success..

I would personally prefer to go LED versus HID justs for the ease of install alone, but I guess for a 535 it's just not an option.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Members

Is there a bulb/ LED set up i can get for the older std Halagon Angel eyes????
I have the headlight assembly where you can see the halogen globe straight out
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ulvit
Is there a bulb/ LED set up i can get for the older std Halagon Angel eyes????
I have the headlight assembly where you can see the halogen globe straight out
Yes John has some LED angle eyes I believe for the pre lci halogens. Or another member (Pinguhk) has some bulbs you can buy (you need 4) to make them white. Contact John at John@motercepts.com and he will be able to point you in the right direction.

This is Pinguhk's solution. https://5series.net/forums/topic/499..._1#entry523710
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Yes John has some LED angle eyes I believe for the pre lci halogens. Or another member (Pinguhk) has some bulbs you can buy (you need 4) to make them white. Contact John at John@motercepts.com and he will be able to point you in the right direction.

This is Pinguhk's solution. https://5series.net/forums/topic/499..._1#entry523710
Thanks aretardedorange. These look good. However i was hoping to alsofind a solution for the refracting light that spreads.
either a light source that directs the light into the AE specifically for the halogen pre-lci's (as they are for the HID)or a deflector blocking the bulb emitting light around the rest of the head light....?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ulvit
Thanks aretardedorange. These look good. However i was hoping to alsofind a solution for the refracting light that spreads.
either a light source that directs the light into the AE specifically for the halogen pre-lci's (as they are for the HID)or a deflector blocking the bulb emitting light around the rest of the head light....?
You want HIDS in your car? Or do you want the rings to be more visible? Kind of confused lol. Or do you have a HID kit in your car and the rings are not visible anymore? Maybe you want projectors? Explain again and I will try to help.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Members

hahaha, sorry for the confusion.
I am looking to really have my Angel eyes well distinguished like the output of the LCI models. With halogens, the light from the bulbs of the angel eyes go everywhere causing the angel eyes to be less defined and as a result....looking more like a parking light rather than rings.

A LED or globe designed to direct light only into the angel eye ring would have a better result.

Alternatively, i could replace the whole headlight to get projectors however very costly...

In below's quote, is a pic of my headlight. You can see the reflection of the blue balb hiting the headlight area....this makes the angel eye rings less defined when turned on.

Originally Posted by pinguhk
Headlights without xeon lights.
Attachment 43583

Quick Reply: Antoher angel eye question e60- 08 535i