E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-Trap Window Deactivated

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I was playing with my mirrors yesterday and now I have this error Anti- Trap Window deactivated.

I tried looking it up how to reset it, but was unclear if this is all it takes for the front windows. If I remember correctly, there where more steps for the front window reset.

In this thread: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=windows

This was what I found.

re-initilize the window (teach the anti trap where the fully closed and open positions are

here is the sequence for the rear windows: (do for each window using front controls )

1)Fully close the window and hold the window switch in the close position for 2 seconds
2)move the window all the way down and then hold the window switch in the down position for 20 seconds
3)Close the widow again and hold the switch in the up position
4)While holding the window should now move all the way down and then up by itself to show its been initilized
5) Let go and hopefually all is well

For the front windows :
1) fully close the front window and hold the switch in the up position for 2 seconds

Is this all that is required to do the reset of the front windows, as I've tried this last night and no luck. I have not tried or performed the instructions for the rear windows on the fronts, but if theres no feedback them I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='825478' date='Mar 24 2009, 12:07 PM
For the front windows :
1) fully close the front window and hold the switch in the up position for 2 seconds

Is this all that is required to do the reset of the front windows, as I've tried this last night and no luck. I have not tried or performed the instructions for the rear windows on the fronts, but if theres no feedback them I'll give it a shot.
Phi,

I had this happen to my front windows late last week. That's all I did and it set it back to normal. I may have opened the windows all the way down first then all the way up and holding the switch in up position for 2-5 seconds. Good luck man.

-
Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='825518' date='Mar 24 2009, 01:16 PM
Phi,

I had this happen to my front windows late last week. That's all I did and it set it back to normal. I may have opened the windows all the way down first then all the way up and holding the switch in up position for 2-5 seconds. Good luck man.

-
Thanks Frank! I'll try it again.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Members

IF THIS WORKS GOOD BLAHING LOOKING. BMW TOLD ME IT WAS THE REGULATOR BAD! IT WILL B 400 TO FIX. I TOLD THEM IT WILL STAY LIKE THAT.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SILBULLET' post='825530' date='Mar 24 2009, 01:42 PM
IF THIS WORKS GOOD BLAHING LOOKING. BMW TOLD ME IT WAS THE REGULATOR BAD! IT WILL B 400 TO FIX. I TOLD THEM IT WILL STAY LIKE THAT.
Man thats pricey! Hopefully everything will work out.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='825527' date='Mar 24 2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks Frank! I'll try it again.
A little present from Rudy
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=283411
Old 03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 545

Originally Posted by AKAlius
I was playing with my mirrors yesterday and now I have this error Anti- Trap Window deactivated.

I tried looking it up how to reset it, but was unclear if this is all it takes for the front windows. If I remember correctly, there where more steps for the front window reset.

In this thread: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=windows

This was what I found.

re-initilize the window (teach the anti trap where the fully closed and open positions are

here is the sequence for the rear windows: (do for each window using front controls )

1)Fully close the window and hold the window switch in the close position for 2 seconds
2)move the window all the way down and then hold the window switch in the down position for 20 seconds
3)Close the widow again and hold the switch in the up position
4)While holding the window should now move all the way down and then up by itself to show its been initilized
5) Let go and hopefually all is well

For the front windows :

Thanks.
sorry if i just cant read but this confused me and the dealer quoted me about 400 to fix it so if i could do it for free its a win..
Old 03-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic - RPI Exhaust, RPI scoop

Originally Posted by mrfva
+1

I had this issue occur recently and, for me, I read the posts about closing the window and holding the button up for a few seconds. However
what actually ended up working was the opposite direction:

1. Key in ignition and set to on (car not started)
2. open window fully and hold down the button for about 30 seconds until you see the anti-trap window icon in your dash.
**once you see the icon in your dash, you should be good to go

Hope this helps man