E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anthracite Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pharding' post='429225' date='May 28 2007, 10:23 PM
What are your opinions of the anthracite headliner for my new 08 model year 550 sport? Does it make the cabin seem smaller?

Is this available by special order in the US with the car?
I always thought my past E39 with black leather and standard gray roof liner looked odd. And I do normally like two toned interiors when done right (think 7 series). I ordered the E60 with black on black interior and it looks great. I'm much happier with it now. The roof doesn't look like an afterthought or left over parts bin item like I felt it did with the gray on black.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by moonbeam' post='429682' date='May 29 2007, 10:07 PM
yeah it is a different material, my 2003M5 had a black roof liner, as did my 2003540, however it was the same material as any other bmw. when i got the 540 sport ordered with the anthracite headliner, i was very disspointed when it came and it wasnt like the one i saw in an m5. i had several dissapointments with thr 540 and i sold it and got the m5 10 months later, but the m5 i got again had that same black normal headliner!

I have my 2007M5 now and its different material, and its a much different look and feel, its the one I always wanted!

I believe the M5 has an "alcantera" black headliner which is a type of suede. The $500 headliner whis is available on other E60's is just a soft fabric.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='429846' date='May 30 2007, 09:44 AM
I believe the M5 has an "alcantera" black headliner which is a type of suede. The $500 headliner whis is available on other E60's is just a soft fabric.
Alcantra is technically faux suede.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iversonm' post='429848' date='May 30 2007, 08:48 AM
Alcantra is technically faux suede.
So then the $500 non-M5 headliner would be a faux faux suede?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Members

Wow, Everyone who even goes near my car just remarks how original the black headliner is and how wonderful it is!

Clean, wow, it never gets dirty! Everyone who walks by my car remarks how original and clean the roof is!

Some never even realized how much in life they were missing by not having the "anthricite" headliner!

I will never even acknowlege any human being that does not even have one!

The car is so clumsy and goofy without it! The lack of womb like warmness is an utter distraction!

I particually love opening up the moon roof at night and looking at the moon while driving without the bright STANDARD liner distractiing me. During the day dozens of people have remarked that the sun shining thru is like a solar eclipse and are going to trade in their cars the next day to get one!!!!

I like the feeling of knowing that this "Secret" option is exclusive to only those with the "knowlege" and when looking at other BMW's the superior feeling I get in my loins knowing that my headliner is "better" than theirs!

When I pull up to a light and they look upon my car with envy and distain for themselves I can actually feel the solid feeling of envy being convayed toward my Headliner!

I'll never get anything less!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Members

"Now THAT'S sarcasm!" -Homer Simpson
Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bargamon' post='429894' date='May 30 2007, 11:20 AM
Wow, Everyone who even goes near my car just remarks how original the black headliner is and how wonderful it is!

Clean, wow, it never gets dirty! Everyone who walks by my car remarks how original and clean the roof is!

Some never even realized how much in life they were missing by not having the "anthricite" headliner!

I will never even acknowlege any human being that does not even have one!

The car is so clumsy and goofy without it! The lack of womb like warmness is an utter distraction!

I particually love opening up the moon roof at night and looking at the moon while driving without the bright STANDARD liner distractiing me. During the day dozens of people have remarked that the sun shining thru is like a solar eclipse and are going to trade in their cars the next day to get one!!!!

I like the feeling of knowing that this "Secret" option is exclusive to only those with the "knowlege" and when looking at other BMW's the superior feeling I get in my loins knowing that my headliner is "better" than theirs!

When I pull up to a light and they look upon my car with envy and distain for themselves I can actually feel the solid feeling of envy being convayed toward my Headliner!

I'll never get anything less!
So let me understand....You didn't order the anthracite headliner. did you?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 535i, Space Grey, Prem Pkg, Sports Pkg, 124 wheels, NAV, Comfort Access.

Kinda feels like the inside of a working boot?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i 10/12 Delivery Date - Deep Sea Blue Metallic: Black Nasca Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, SAT, Logic 7, HD Radio, SatNav, Power Rear Sunshades, Comfort Access, Active Steering, iPod/USB interface, and Bamboo Anthracite Trim. Other ride: Lexus 95 LS400 193000 Miles and still going.

Hello everyone, this is my first time post and I've just ordered a bmw 550i Deep Sea Blue with black interior. And I was wondering for those that ordered a black interior, do you guys regret not getting the Anthracite Headliner? I'm still debating if its worth getting all black inside or having it be the normal gray roof. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by KPatel8483' post='463917' date='Aug 29 2007, 04:45 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first time post and I've just ordered a bmw 550i Deep Sea Blue with black interior. And I was wondering for those that ordered a black interior, do you guys regret not getting the Anthracite Headliner? I'm still debating if its worth getting all black inside or having it be the normal gray roof. Thanks in advance for your input.
I don't have a strong preference either way with the black interior. My 330 is black with the anthracite liner, and my Dad has a 530, with black and the normal gray headliner.

I'd give a slight edge to the anthracite headliner. You have to decide if it's worth $500.

Quick Reply: Anthracite Headliner