E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another sad day for the 545..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

After picking up my car at the dealership, I was driving my family van and my gf was following me with my car, the 545. We were on the freeway on our way over to Sonic MS to get my LCI lights done the whole package headlights, taillights light module, etc.. There was traffic on the freeway and our lane came to a dead stop. I then came to a full stop and my gf came to a full stop and suddenly BOOM *tires screeching* and BOOM again!! The suzuki hit the 545 TWICE!!! and the 545 hit my van. We were very fortunate that it was a minor fender bender and no one was seriously injured in this accident. After looking at the rear i just realized that my mtech rear just came today! after exchanging info and talking to insurace, i drove back to my bodyshop right after the accident and the owner was like "you gotta be f****** kidding me you just got everything painted!!" most of you probably know my car got keyed a few weeks back and now this!!

Another sad day for the 545..-img_1331.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1321.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1344.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1323.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1341.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1347.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1337.jpg

To make my day even worst was that right when i got home i saw the bumper very poorly wrapped with styrofoam wrap and card board on the edges to prevent damage.. I thought to myself where was the box, no wonder it was only 9.4lbs in the tracking info.I was very disappointed I specifically ordered what i thought would be a BRAND NEW mtech rear unpainted, but when i got it it was USED painted alpine white with scuffs and scratches all over the places, a small dent, and the edges looked like it was dragged on the floor. I wish to not release the name of this vendor until matters are resolved.

Another sad day for the 545..-img_1355.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1354.jpg
Another sad day for the 545..-img_1352.jpg

Just called the other partys insurance, everything went smoothly the other party admitted to be at fault and it looks like everything will be covered..

i've had pretty bad luck with this car lately, maybe it's time to get rid of this car....
Old 09-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Holy cow that sux! I'm glad the other party has admitted fault, though they'd be hard-pressed not to in a rear end collission in Cali. Thank goodness it was relatively minor and you guys are not hurt.

Now that mtech is another matter. WTF??? An actual VENDOR pawned that thing as 'new, unpainted'? I'm hoping it was a big mistake in their, uh, shipping department, and they rush the correct one to you. I am curious to know the vendor though. Not cool at all...
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

wow i am sorry to hear that... hope everything works out..
Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Sorry to hear about your troubles Randy. Glad everyone is safe. Don't give up hope on your baby yet. She's going to look sweet with the new headlights/taillights. Just go get her blessed or something. hehe
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

You have to reveal the name of the vendor. If its not a mistake, many others could be screwed. If its a mistake, you can set the record straight. Right?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

ouch that sucks well let's hope the bad luck has come and gone now (* knock on wood 545 times *)
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

Really happy that you guys are ok and it was nothing serious!

That said, 2 things to note:
- first, it is always a good idea to keep a camera in the car - for instances like this. Even a cheap camera, so you can take pic's immediately after an accident.
- second, based on your discussions with the vendor, you really need to let us know who it is. In recent times, many have had issues with receiving incorrect, damaged or just really bad product. I understand, in some cases, no product...
If it was an honest mistake and they fix it quickly at no extra cost to you, I think that reflects positively and it will help them further promote their business.

Thank God that everyone is ok and no one got hurt.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

man, sorry hear!! hope everything works out for the best... good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='677004' date='Sep 24 2008, 09:00 AM
You have to reveal the name of the vendor. If its not a mistake, many others could be screwed. If its a mistake, you can set the record straight. Right?
it took about three seconds of searching to figure out which vendor. Glad I decided to wait.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Randy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to hear everyone's ok. The car can be fixed, as insurance will be taking care of the issues.

What's also troubling to hear is about the "BRAND NEW" M-tech rear bumper you purchased. Hopefully it's a mistake, but issues like this need to be brought to light. Folks need to be made aware of vendor related success stories or problems. There's a recently created section specifically for this, Buyer & Seller Feedback Forum (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showforum=34). I suggest you post your experience there to help and make other members aware.

And to the "Vendor", I'm sure (hopefully) you can resolve this matter immediately.

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='676943
Originally Posted by Silver_545i' post='677047
it took about three seconds of searching to figure out which vendor. Glad I decided to wait.

Quick Reply: Another sad day for the 545..