5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Another sad day for the 545.. (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/another-sad-day-545-a-62252/)

r9ndy 09-24-2008 12:13 AM

10 Attachment(s)
After picking up my car at the dealership, I was driving my family van and my gf was following me with my car, the 545. We were on the freeway on our way over to Sonic MS to get my LCI lights done the whole package headlights, taillights light module, etc.. There was traffic on the freeway and our lane came to a dead stop. I then came to a full stop and my gf came to a full stop and suddenly BOOM *tires screeching* and BOOM again!! The suzuki hit the 545 TWICE!!! and the 545 hit my van. :nono: We were very fortunate that it was a minor fender bender and no one was seriously injured in this accident. After looking at the rear i just realized that my mtech rear just came today! :wow: after exchanging info and talking to insurace, i drove back to my bodyshop right after the accident and the owner was like "you gotta be f****** kidding me you just got everything painted!!" most of you probably know my car got keyed a few weeks back and now this!! :(

Attachment 60166
Attachment 60167
Attachment 60168
Attachment 60169
Attachment 60170
Attachment 60171
Attachment 60172

To make my day even worst was that right when i got home i saw the bumper very poorly wrapped with styrofoam wrap and card board on the edges to prevent damage.. I thought to myself where was the box, no wonder it was only 9.4lbs in the tracking info.I was very disappointed I specifically ordered what i thought would be a BRAND NEW mtech rear unpainted, but when i got it it was USED painted alpine white with scuffs and scratches all over the places, a small dent, and the edges looked like it was dragged on the floor. I wish to not release the name of this vendor until matters are resolved.

Attachment 60173
Attachment 60174
Attachment 60175

Just called the other partys insurance, everything went smoothly the other party admitted to be at fault and it looks like everything will be covered..

i've had pretty bad luck with this car lately, maybe it's time to get rid of this car....

advancedlogic 09-24-2008 04:48 AM

Holy cow that sux! I'm glad the other party has admitted fault, though they'd be hard-pressed not to in a rear end collission in Cali. Thank goodness it was relatively minor and you guys are not hurt.

Now that mtech is another matter. WTF??? An actual VENDOR pawned that thing as 'new, unpainted'? I'm hoping it was a big mistake in their, uh, shipping department, and they rush the correct one to you. I am curious to know the vendor though. Not cool at all...

monsterj34 09-24-2008 04:49 AM

wow i am sorry to hear that... hope everything works out..

EuroCarFan 09-24-2008 04:55 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles Randy. Glad everyone is safe. Don't give up hope on your baby yet. She's going to look sweet with the new headlights/taillights. Just go get her blessed or something. hehe

gregg2gs 09-24-2008 05:00 AM

You have to reveal the name of the vendor. If its not a mistake, many others could be screwed. If its a mistake, you can set the record straight. Right?

EBMCS03 09-24-2008 05:53 AM

ouch that sucks well let's hope the bad luck has come and gone now (* knock on wood 545 times *)

Silver_545i 09-24-2008 06:06 AM

Really happy that you guys are ok and it was nothing serious!

That said, 2 things to note:
- first, it is always a good idea to keep a camera in the car - for instances like this. Even a cheap camera, so you can take pic's immediately after an accident.
- second, based on your discussions with the vendor, you really need to let us know who it is. In recent times, many have had issues with receiving incorrect, damaged or just really bad product. I understand, in some cases, no product...
If it was an honest mistake and they fix it quickly at no extra cost to you, I think that reflects positively and it will help them further promote their business.

Thank God that everyone is ok and no one got hurt.

unknown 09-24-2008 06:13 AM

man, sorry hear!! hope everything works out for the best... good luck!

545felix 09-24-2008 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='677004' date='Sep 24 2008, 09:00 AM
You have to reveal the name of the vendor. If its not a mistake, many others could be screwed. If its a mistake, you can set the record straight. Right?

it took about three seconds of searching to figure out which vendor. Glad I decided to wait.

mrfva 09-24-2008 06:47 AM

Randy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to hear everyone's ok. The car can be fixed, as insurance will be taking care of the issues.

What's also troubling to hear is about the "BRAND NEW" M-tech rear bumper you purchased. Hopefully it's a mistake, but issues like this need to be brought to light. Folks need to be made aware of vendor related success stories or problems. There's a recently created section specifically for this, Buyer & Seller Feedback Forum (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showforum=34). I suggest you post your experience there to help and make other members aware.

And to the "Vendor", I'm sure (hopefully) you can resolve this matter immediately. :) :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='676943 (Post 677004)

Originally Posted by Silver_545i' post='677047 (Post 677053)
it took about three seconds of searching to figure out which vendor. Glad I decided to wait.