E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another interesting observation (bug)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Today I was able to confirm that my CD player (in-dash) played for almost 4 minutes after the car was turned off.
I thought that this was happening but today I know it for sure.
(I've been listening to some Jazz with some songs that are close to 20 minutes in length - so it was difficult to remember where the song was when I turned off the car).

I was listening to a song which was part way through.
I wanted to hear it from the beginning when I got back in my car after my appointment
so I set it back to the start of the song, heard a few of the first notes, then turned off the car.

When I got back in the car about an hour later the CD started playing but not from the same point.
I checked and it was just over 4 minutes into the song.

When I left the car, the music wasn't playing nor was the i-drive screen still on (I've had that issue before).

Anybody else noticing this?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='250158' date='Mar 5 2006, 06:05 PM
Today I was able to confirm that my CD player (in-dash) played for almost 4 minutes after the car was turned off.
I thought that this was happening but today I know it for sure.
(I've been listening to some Jazz with some songs that are close to 20 minutes in length - so it was difficult to remember where the song was when I turned off the car).

I was listening to a song which was part way through.
I wanted to hear it from the beginning when I got back in my car after my appointment
so I set it back to the start of the song, heard a few of the first notes, then turned off the car.

When I got back in the car about an hour later the CD started playing but not from the same point.
I checked and it was just over 4 minutes into the song.

When I left the car, the music wasn't playing nor was the i-drive screen still on (I've had that issue before).

Anybody else noticing this?
Sorry, no. My CD player, CD changer and radio work faultlessly. They stop as soon as I switch off and restart as soon as I switch on again (providing that I open remotely the doors at least few seconds before entering into the car), exactly fro mthe same point (same station for the radio).
Old 03-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (UK) Bulit: Feb 2004, 520i (M54), 6-Speed Manual, Black leather, Titanium Silver, Bi-Xenon, Headlamp washers, Side rear airbags, Park Distance Control, Aluminium trim, Standard Climate Control, 17" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, Spacesaver Spare wheel, Jack, Dynamic drive, Service Inclusive, Chrome grills, Software version 20.01.00, E60.net Clings, Painted wheel hubs silver

This is a strange fault, it appears to exist on porsches too! A friend of mine who drives a 2005 911 has the exact same problem. the cd player continues to play for a bout 10 min after turning off the car. its very odd, bmw and porsche cannot use the same cd player technolegy can they?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Members

Could it be connected to the problem described in this link?

CCC: CD/CDC Track Counter Advances After Mute Selected
Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

I also have this problem since the CIP upgrade to V20 to enable MP3 playback. If i remember rightly this was a fault with early E60's that was corrected with a CIP update !!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by ScottishBimmer' post='250171' date='Mar 5 2006, 12:39 PM
This is a strange fault, it appears to exist on porsches too! A friend of mine who drives a 2005 911 has the exact same problem. the cd player continues to play for a bout 10 min after turning off the car. its very odd, bmw and porsche cannot use the same cd player technolegy can they?
Crap! So much for the 911TT that I've been eyeing.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bobkare' post='250187' date='Mar 5 2006, 01:19 PM
Could it be connected to the problem described in this link?

CCC: CD/CDC Track Counter Advances After Mute Selected
Thanks.
I didn't touch the mute, just turned the car off.
Seems like the same thing.
Doesn't happen all of the time, just some of the time.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

You were listening to jazz... the CD player got bored and forgot to stop.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='250241' date='Mar 5 2006, 12:54 PM
Old 03-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='250241' date='Mar 5 2006, 03:54 PM
Actually, it was SO Good that the CD player just couldn't stop!

Quick Reply: Another interesting observation (bug)