E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another hpfp question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:59 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i sport
Unhappy another hpfp question

hey guys new to 5series but have been lurking here for quite a while. recently been having some problems with my 2008 535i. will go into fail safe/engine malfunction mode and sputter and die or sputter and gag till i can shut down and restart. it gives me codes that have to do with high pressure fuel system and i believe its the hpfp. took it to dealer here in north scottsdale last week to see if they would fix it. i mentioned the hpfp and they kinda rolled their eyes and when i brought up the extended warranty/recall they acted like i'm crazy. so they threw a crank sensor and a software update at it. ran fine for a day now same thing. question is how do i get them to take me seriously about the hpfp and the 10yr./120,000mi. warranty? when i ask about it they act like they would rather slit their wrists and jump off a bridge than entertain the idea of doing a hpfp under warranty. is there some kind of documentation i can show my s.a.? nothing i have found actually says 10yr./120,000mi. any idea how i can get them to give me a thumbs up and a "we'll take care of it sir."? just getting tired of paying diag. fees and then having them fix things that aren't the problem. thanks for any advice.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by shattar01
hey guys new to 5series but have been lurking here for quite a while. recently been having some problems with my 2008 535i. will go into fail safe/engine malfunction mode and sputter and die or sputter and gag till i can shut down and restart. it gives me codes that have to do with high pressure fuel system and i believe its the hpfp. took it to dealer here in north scottsdale last week to see if they would fix it. i mentioned the hpfp and they kinda rolled their eyes and when i brought up the extended warranty/recall they acted like i'm crazy. so they threw a crank sensor and a software update at it. ran fine for a day now same thing. question is how do i get them to take me seriously about the hpfp and the 10yr./120,000mi. warranty? when i ask about it they act like they would rather slit their wrists and jump off a bridge than entertain the idea of doing a hpfp under warranty. is there some kind of documentation i can show my s.a.? nothing i have found actually says 10yr./120,000mi. any idea how i can get them to give me a thumbs up and a "we'll take care of it sir."? just getting tired of paying diag. fees and then having them fix things that aren't the problem. thanks for any advice.
they should read the OBD and the codes that are displayed. If they are just throwing parts at it then hopefully they fix it. oItherwise I would be raising hell for this since the problem is not going away. It could be several things causing it besides the HPFP. IVe had several of them fail. But also the HP fuel sensor which is not covered. Drive it a while and next time it does it take it to an auto store to see if they can read any codes. At least you will know which ones are showing. I've found that the stealers are like doctors they almost get offended when you tell them what the problem is before they look at it. If your not getting anywhere with your SA escalate to the MGR.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i sport

thanks for the reply. so finally got back to me after i dropped it off last week and they said "we think it needs the driver side sending unit because you haven't replaced it.(not that it tested bad!) oh and by the way you need a tranny which is $7,000 bucks... our mechanic and shop foreman took it for a test drive to test fuel pressure and got a tranny fail safe message and had to tow back to shop." amazing! brought my car in for a fuel problem and now the tranny is shot and apparently car is completely undrivable now. am i just really lucky? i am just in shock at this point. i have no clue what i should do. i have owned the car for 9 months and only put 2,000 miles on it in the 3 weeks i was able to drive it. is there a bmw genie that could just make this all better?