E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

another experience at my Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by tonyb635
The sad part about this is, I am sure they will not take the personal responsibility and eat those charges for the damage THEY caused. More than likely, they will file it as warranty claim...
Yes, more than likely. Hahahhaa. There is a reason why it's called a $tealership.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:22 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 2010 550 M-pkg, AW, 6sp, 2008 Porsche Cayenne, 1976 Porsche 911 Targa
Default Thank God I didnt give him the Johnny

Got a call today from my SA, "Tony your car is ready and i know you will be very Happy"
Ok so when i got there, I looked inside my SA's cube, he looked at me and waved..OK i said, I'll just go to cashier get my paper work and they will bring my car. She gave me the receipt, but i didnt look at it(stupid ASS), nothing to pay so i folded the blue paper and put it in my back pocket. I got to the car looked around everything looked ok, but it bothered me that my SA didnt come out and say anything. At first when i looked at the steering it looked kinda of..well the same steering. Everything else they promised they would change they did. The other pieces looked NEW. So i dismissed the steering hoping it was probably the light inside the bay that made it look funny. On the way home it was bothering me that the SA didnt come out and the more i looked at the steering the more it looked like the one i HAD. Well guys when i got home my assumption was reality. That COCKSUCKER LIED to my face. I checked the paper and noticed that only two parts were changed and then in small print underneath SUBL Repair Scratches. I was ready to go back but had to go to second Job. I called left msg with SA 3 hours now no response. I happen to know the Repair man that they use for there interiors, so i called him and asked him did he repair my wheel. He told yea, he got a call Friday(that was the day i left the car) Im trying to come down but i cant. He fuckin lied and then went the same day and tried to patch the car up. Figuring i wouldnt notice. Now it makes sense why no one came out. Im so glad i forgot the bottle in my wifes car. What should i do guys?. i want to nail this guy.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Call BMW NA at this point and speak to someone and ask them to clarify what the dealer did (vs. promised) on your behalf.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

The first time you didn't do a thorough walk through with your SA to ensure it was fixed to satisfaction, and you got burned. They begrudgingly "fix" it and...you again take them at their word and didn't perfom a review of what was fixed. Not even a review of the receipt? You have to take some responsibility here as well. Escalate to BMWNA (who often peruses these threads anyhow and have been known to respond from time to time). But, in the future, treat it as though you were buying a used car. Don't just accept without verifying, especially cosmetic repairs so glaringly obvious.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
The first time you didn't do a thorough walk through with your SA to ensure it was fixed to satisfaction, and you got burned. They begrudgingly "fix" it and...you again take them at their word and didn't perfom a review of what was fixed. Not even a review of the receipt? You have to take some responsibility here as well. Escalate to BMWNA (who often peruses these threads anyhow and have been known to respond from time to time). But, in the future, treat it as though you were buying a used car. Don't just accept without verifying, especially cosmetic repairs so glaringly obvious.
+1 well said. advancedlogic
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I would be upset only if the steering wheel was not repaired. If they contacted a good and reputable interior guy and he fixed the wheel well, I wouldn't be too worried about it. A new steering wheel isn't cheap, and they were doing a big favor (most dealers will tell you to pound sand once you leave the lot). As long as the other panels are new and the scratch is no longer there, I would be happy to have my car back in the same condition I originally gave it to them.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by tridolf
Already got him a Johnny Black. Got to take care of the people who take care of your baby.
Just curious, did you already give him the bottle before you found out that they hadn't repaired everything as you had initially agreed?

Man that really sucks to hear about your experience.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my car in to get the HPFP replaced last year, and they tried to give me the car back with the front bumper scraped (about 13 inches long). Luckily I did a walk around before I drove out. Always check your vehicle before leaving, chances are sometimes the SA won't even know it's damaged because some other goofball doesn't want to lose their job and doesn't mention anything.