E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eyes don't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Originally Posted by whihr' date='Jun 13 2005, 01:42 PM
I noticed a new option in the I Drive vehicle setup menu after my upgrade.? Under the 'Lights' heading there is an option for 'Daylight Running Lights'.? I have tried selecting this to see what it does but it does not seem to do anything - as a minimum I expected to see my headlights on all the time.? Maybe this additional function is connected in some way to the missing amber LEDs?
[snapback]139093[/snapback]
My LEDs stopped working when upgraded to 17 , details in earlier post.
I have played with the new daytime running lights option.
When it is selected the lights stay on all of the time when the lights are on auto mode, they come on when the car in use when lights on auto & stay on. I wondered what the point was, all I can think of is that of course you cannot just leave the lights on normally as alarm goes off when key is removed etc, so on auto mode the lights are on all of the time the car is in use, for those who want this..
Old 06-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may get a software upgrade as part of some recall work in the next few weeks. Don't really want it as the version I 've got is fine. However can anyone confirm which version 16 or 17 has stopped the Amber LEDs from working? I will tell my dealer not to upgrade to that version as I want to keep my Amber Eyebrow LEDs!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

[/quote]

When it is selected the lights stay on all of the time when the lights are on auto mode, they come on when the car in use when lights on auto & stay on. I wondered what the point was, all I can think of is that of course you cannot just leave the lights on normally as alarm goes off when key is removed etc, so on auto mode the lights are on all of the time the car is in use, for those who want this..
[snapback]139276[/snapback]
[/quote]

So when you played with the option the lights stay on the whole time but did the amber LED's come on/stay on????
Old 06-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Jun 14 2005, 11:51 AM
I may get a software upgrade as part of some recall work in the next few weeks.? Don't really want it as the version I 've got is fine.? However can anyone confirm which version 16 or 17 has stopped the Amber LEDs from working?? I will tell my dealer not to upgrade to that version as I want to keep my Amber Eyebrow LEDs!!!
[snapback]139319[/snapback]
Both 16.xx and 17.xx have reported non working LED's.

AFAIK nobody outside BMW knows exactly what combination will shutdown the LED's, so everybody upgrading is at risk.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 14 2005, 07:28 AM
[snapback]139276[/snapback]
[/quote]

So when you played with the option the lights stay on the whole time but did the amber LED's come on/stay on????
[snapback]139323[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry , no amber LEDs at all. Just the normal headlights stay on..
I have spoken to my local dealer, details in earlier post, they are aware of the LED issue but no fix available in the UK yet.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Members

i think all we should change new MODULL of light and repreogrammed car
Old 06-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

They installed 17.1 when they installed the aux input, and all lights work.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Jun 13 2005, 02:34 PM
[quote name='whihr' date='Jun 10 2005, 10:35 PM']HAd my car upgraded to 16.x today to enable MP3 functionality.? Just checked orange angel eye lights/LEDs on my car and THEY DO NOT WORK.? Will call service department in the morning!
[snapback]138343[/snapback]
whihr,

What did your service department say???
[snapback]139114[/snapback]
[/quote]
Finally spoke to the service dept today - they told me I needed to bring my car in - I am booked in for a week Thursday. I am not confident they will fix it on this visit other than to confirm that the LEDS are not working. They did say that they may need to change the headlight cluster but would not order one in before my visit as they get charged if they have to send the part back to BMW unused (dont believe this!)

WIll keep you updated
Old 06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

I had software upgdatedto 17.x according to my tech (not service advisor), although the tech said there were no applicable upgrades to my vehicle in 17, so, I really didn't get updated........

But I digress from this thread.....my LEDs work fine. The only time I don't see them on, is when I turn the ignition off and the angel eyes remain on until a door is open. But, with headlights, and parking lights, the LEDs are aglow!! I'm wondering, and I don't know if this would be possible, but is this a geographic thing? Seems like most of the people complaining about the LEDs not working are in Europe.....or maybe I just imagined that.......??
Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='Jun 14 2005, 08:25 PM
Seems like most of the people complaining about the LEDs not working are in Europe.....or maybe I just imagined that.......??
[snapback]139523[/snapback]
I'm from Boston, MA. and mine don't seem to be working and I just had my car updated to V17.1 but to be honest I don't know if they worked when I got the car.... I thought I did see them on before the update but I really don't know..

Quick Reply: Angel eyes don't work