E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alloy wheel repair help - NorthWest UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, having contacted these guys on Friday ;
http://www.smartautorepairs.com/exterior.htm - they never came.

Spoke to them Friday evening, they said they would try and come out on Saturday but if not, first thing Monday morning. Saturday came and went. Got a call at about 9:15am this morning saying "sorry, got to go to Manchester then Bolton, will be with you early afternoon". 2pm came and went, I phoned, and was told "we have to go to Stretford, will be with you later". Well, it's now 6:20pm and it's getting dark outside. They haven't called me to say they aren't coming, but to be honest I doubt they are going to show. If they call this evening to say "can we come tomorrow", or call tomorrow (as I suspect), I will just tell them I'm not interested anymore. Unreliability is a trait I cannot stand - I took the day off work and stayed at home all day so this has cost me a day's leave and I'm pretty p!ss3d off!

So;
1) Avoid the above company. Totally unreliable.
2) Can anybody recommend a SMART (or similar) alloy wheel repair company around Warrington / Runcorn in Cheshire? Would prefer a mobile unit that will come to my house but don't mind travelling anywhere in Cheshire for a good non-mobile job.

Thanks...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='484598' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:20 PM

Spoke to them Friday evening, they said they would try and come out on Saturday but if not, first thing Monday morning. Saturday came and went. Got a call at about 9:15am this morning saying "sorry, got to go to Manchester then Bolton, will be with you early afternoon". 2pm came and went, I phoned, and was told "we have to go to Stretford, will be with you later". Well, it's now 6:20pm and it's getting dark outside. They haven't called me to say they aren't coming, but to be honest I doubt they are going to show. If they call this evening to say "can we come tomorrow", or call tomorrow (as I suspect), I will just tell them I'm not interested anymore. Unreliability is a trait I cannot stand - I took the day off work and stayed at home all day so this has cost me a day's leave and I'm pretty p!ss3d off!

So;
2) Can anybody recommend a SMART (or similar) alloy wheel repair company around Warrington / Runcorn in Cheshire? Would prefer a mobile unit that will come to my house but don't mind travelling anywhere in Cheshire for a good non-mobile job.

Thanks...

Back to the wine !
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Bah... atleast I have DMS to look forward to tomorrow. Brakes are still squeaking, wheel is still kerbed... !
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Quick update, they just phoned to apologise and said they could still come out today, but having waited in all day I've said not to bother. I've found a few local places so will ring round tomorrow. There is one in Preston (30 miles away) - not a mobile unit, but they'll do it for ?40, so I'll probably end up there if nobody can recommend a closer one (Manchester/Liverpool/Warrington??)
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='484629' date='Oct 22 2007, 07:14 PM
Quick update, they just phoned to apologise and said they could still come out today, but having waited in all day I've said not to bother. I've found a few local places so will ring round tomorrow. There is one in Preston (30 miles away) - not a mobile unit, but they'll do it for ?40, so I'll probably end up there if nobody can recommend a closer one (Manchester/Liverpool/Warrington??)
Russ, I know of one in Cambridge that is about ?30, so your local for ?40 is not bad value.

Regards,
Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='484696' date='Oct 22 2007, 03:23 PM
Russ, I know of one in Cambridge that is about ?30, so your local for ?40 is not bad value.

Regards,
Gutted Russ,

Thank god you've got DMS coming your way, try these guys, ?45 a wheel, I had 2 of mine done and they did a mint job. AWR In bury,
http://www.alloywheelsrefurbished.com/

Going back to get all the mini scratches sorted too.

Cheers,
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='484598' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:20 PM

So;

Thanks...
Hi Russ,

1st time poster on here so first things first 'Hello'.

Have you tried Wicked Wheels ? http://wickedwheels.co.uk/index.html

They repaired an alloy on my merc a couple of years ago and did a fantastic job. Not used them since (fingers crossed) but worth a try?