E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

All about LCI

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Hey guys wondering if you could help me out.. I know some of these questions have already asked but I always seem to be left unsure as to what the answers are.

First of I have a pre LCI. I am going to be leasing a new 535i. I am wondering what body mods am I going to be able to switch over to the new LCI. are the side skirts generally the same shape? (non-mtech) Will I be able to install my Hamann front bumper (I pray because that thing is a $1700 bumper) also is the rear bumper from my pre LCI going to have problems going to the LCI? due to my rear diffusor my stock bumper had to be permanently moded and cannot be brought back to stock. And since I am returning my car to BMW at the end of the lease I was thinking of taking my new LCI rear bumper and putting it on my pre LCI, will I have any issues?

Next angel eyes.. I know someone had just made a post and it was answered with the H8 bulbs however before Angel Bright and Umnitza came out with their products that was the same response for "upgrading" angel eyes prior to those companies products and the H8 bulbs were always dim and a waste. Am I going to have the same issue and then have to wait till either of these companies come out with their products (speaking of which are Umnitza or Angel bright coming out with LCi angel eyes) or do these H8 replacement bulbs really work with just as good of brightness as the new oem LCI ones and will their be no error messages? (Obviously taking into consideration having proper wattage and volts) Any info on this would be appreciated; if H8 bulbs are the answer what site did you buy your bulbs from? (Links would help a lot and proper Volt and Wattage for the bulbs would be great)

Next Suspension... I know the 525's and 530's have the same part numbers for the H&R sport springs..and the 545's and 550's have the same as well.. I'm sure H&R already has springs for the 535i however I am wondering if using my H&R sport springs from my 525 will work on my new 535..my reasoning: 525's and 530's use the same spring application because they have the same spring compression due to having the same I-6 block and the same goes for the 545's and 550's having the same V8 blocks. I know much of this is weight and compression related because the 530's and 525's have the same weight (guessing) compressing the springs thus why they use the same exact springs and the 545's and 550's having about the same weight (guessing) also follow the same application.. now knowing that the 535 is obviously a different motor then the 525's and 530's do you think since their all being compressed by an I-6 s and having about the same weight that I will be able to get away with putting my 525 springs on my 535? Obviously we know the 545-550 springs aren't interchangeable with the 525-530 springs due to the 545-550 springs being more compressed with the weight of the V8 opposed to the 525-530 springs having less compression because the I-6 weight doesn't compress them as much if you were to switch their applications (ex. 525-530 springs on 545-550 the car will be slammed and 545-550 springs on the 525-530 the car won't drop as much due to the weight of the V8 isn't compressing them as much)

Do all the new US LCI models have the clear corners in the headlight? I know the turn signal bulbs are going to be amber..

And finally; this question is non LCi related but I know the topic has been talked about extensively but I was just wondering about the xenon license plate bulbs. Resistors are needed so there is no error message? Any links of where you bought your bulbs and resistors would be great.

Thanks in advance and sorry if many of not all of these questions have been answered.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

82 views no replies?? Bump!!! I need some help with this info guys
Old 08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Im pretty sure everything should switch right over. I read over at m5board some guy was throwing the new headlghts on his car and I think they fit fine. As far as suspension I think it should be the same as well, it was just bullshit lights that was replaced, nothing fancy.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 Silvertone /Aluminum Trim 2008 550i blk/blk - Sold

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='455277' date='Aug 4 2007, 11:44 AM
Hey guys wondering if you could help me out.. I know some of these questions have already asked but I always seem to be left unsure as to what the answers are.

First of I have a pre LCI. I am going to be leasing a new 535i. I am wondering what body mods am I going to be able to switch over to the new LCI. are the side skirts generally the same shape? (non-mtech) Will I be able to install my Hamann front bumper (I pray because that thing is a $1700 bumper) also is the rear bumper from my pre LCI going to have problems going to the LCI? due to my rear diffusor my stock bumper had to be permanently moded and cannot be brought back to stock. And since I am returning my car to BMW at the end of the lease I was thinking of taking my new LCI rear bumper and putting it on my pre LCI, will I have any issues?

Next angel eyes.. I know someone had just made a post and it was answered with the H8 bulbs however before Angel Bright and Umnitza came out with their products that was the same response for "upgrading" angel eyes prior to those companies products and the H8 bulbs were always dim and a waste. Am I going to have the same issue and then have to wait till either of these companies come out with their products (speaking of which are Umnitza or Angel bright coming out with LCi angel eyes) or do these H8 replacement bulbs really work with just as good of brightness as the new oem LCI ones and will their be no error messages? (Obviously taking into consideration having proper wattage and volts) Any info on this would be appreciated; if H8 bulbs are the answer what site did you buy your bulbs from? (Links would help a lot and proper Volt and Wattage for the bulbs would be great)

Next Suspension... I know the 525's and 530's have the same part numbers for the H&R sport springs..and the 545's and 550's have the same as well.. I'm sure H&R already has springs for the 535i however I am wondering if using my H&R sport springs from my 525 will work on my new 535..my reasoning: 525's and 530's use the same spring application because they have the same spring compression due to having the same I-6 block and the same goes for the 545's and 550's having the same V8 blocks. I know much of this is weight and compression related because the 530's and 525's have the same weight (guessing) compressing the springs thus why they use the same exact springs and the 545's and 550's having about the same weight (guessing) also follow the same application.. now knowing that the 535 is obviously a different motor then the 525's and 530's do you think since their all being compressed by an I-6 s and having about the same weight that I will be able to get away with putting my 525 springs on my 535? Obviously we know the 545-550 springs aren't interchangeable with the 525-530 springs due to the 545-550 springs being more compressed with the weight of the V8 opposed to the 525-530 springs having less compression because the I-6 weight doesn't compress them as much if you were to switch their applications (ex. 525-530 springs on 545-550 the car will be slammed and 545-550 springs on the 525-530 the car won't drop as much due to the weight of the V8 isn't compressing them as much)

Do all the new US LCI models have the clear corners in the headlight? I know the turn signal bulbs are going to be amber..

And finally; this question is non LCi related but I know the topic has been talked about extensively but I was just wondering about the xenon license plate bulbs. Resistors are needed so there is no error message? Any links of where you bought your bulbs and resistors would be great.
Thanks in advance and sorry if many of not all of these questions have been answered.

Why not just buy the 550i? By the time you're done -it'll be the same price or cheaper. I just bought one for $65,000 with msrp of $68,900
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sf550i' post='455770' date='Aug 6 2007, 08:25 AM
Why not just buy the 550i? By the time you're done -it'll be the same price or cheaper. I just bought one for $65,000 with msrp of $68,900
the 535 stock has 300hp the 550 is like 360 hp.. active autowork has a Xede chip out that increases the 535 to 380hp. So just by adding a chip im at 550 engine power and more and im still 2 cylinders lighter... Once they develope some updraded turbos for the 535 It will be faster then superchargers they will develope for the 550. The turbos have more room to play with..plus it is BMW's first turbo in a long time. Yes I know all these mods to make it faster will still cost money but in my eyes the price difference over a 535 to a 550 and adding a $1000 chip to give it more power then the 550 is cheaper then buying the 550..

Anway this is getting off topic.. I don't see me changing my mind about the 535 to a 550..

So any other insight on these quesions
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Members

go with the 535I.
I went with one over the 550.
I wanted to go turbo because all of my past cars were forced induction cars.
There is more room to play with when dealing with forced induction.
I would also go with a PROcede V2 MAP for the 535i. Modest amount of boost introduced and will make gobs of more power and still retain the BMW within its limitations.

Also these LCI angel eyes are the brightest ones on the market. But unfortunately they still have that yellowish look to them. But they are very noticable in the daytime.

I will tkae a look at my headlights tonite and take pics. I cant recall if they have the clear corners or not.
But they fo have all amber lights. Theh side markers and the turn bulbs bleeech! :thumbsdown:
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='455920' date='Aug 6 2007, 05:56 PM
go with the 535I.
I went with one over the 550.
I wanted to go turbo because all of my past cars were forced induction cars.
There is more room to play with when dealing with forced induction.
I would also go with a PROcede V2 MAP for the 535i. Modest amount of boost introduced and will make gobs of more power and still retain the BMW within its limitations.

Also these LCI angel eyes are the brightest ones on the market. But unfortunately they still have that yellowish look to them. But they are very noticable in the daytime.

I will tkae a look at my headlights tonite and take pics. I cant recall if they have the clear corners or not.
But they fo have all amber lights. Theh side markers and the turn bulbs bleeech! :thumbsdown:
Thanks for your coments.. once again though this is not a debate about choosing a 535 or a 550.. im getting a 535.. I jsut need these questions to be answered.. and I know what the stock angel eyes look like and I know they are amber.. I'm looking to change them to white/xenon blue

If anyone can help me out please do!! I need to start getting ym parts painted and what not soon so I can have the new car ready and on the road with all its goodies