E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air conditon always on ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought a 530i, i have a question

everytime before i turn off the engine i click the off bottom on the a/c bottom, but next time when i get in, start the egnine, the ac or fan back on without i touch anything,

anybody knows how to turn it off ? or it is normal?

because i don't want it on automaticly

thank you
Old 12-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

Well, here is the deal, it will remember that you turned the A/C off only until the car goes to sleep. After that, it will resume with a preset setting, which is that auto climate control is on. I don't know, nor do I believe, there is a way to shut this off. Hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='371306' date='Dec 26 2006, 07:05 PM
Well, here is the deal, it will remember that you turned the A/C off only until the car goes to sleep. After that, it will resume with a preset setting, which is that auto climate control is on. I don't know, nor do I believe, there is a way to shut this off. Hope this helps.
thanks, for replying

goes to sleep? ( sorry, i am new with this car, just bought it last week )

so there is no way to keep it off?

like i used to have a 325ci, it won't be on if you turn it off before you turn off the engine, so i was curious that why new 530i always turn the a/c on or the previous setting what i left when i was driving. . . . ?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by andonni' post='371295' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:21 AM

everytime before i turn off the engine i click the off bottom on the a/c bottom, but next time when i get in, start the egnine, the ac or fan back on without i touch anything,

thank you
Why don't you want the ventiltation system to come on when you restart you car? Surely you don't drive around very much with the system switched off completely. Unless you are used to driving with your windows open then it would soon get rather stale in your car if this was the case.

I don't turn it off completly as I don't see the need. However, in the winter months as in now I don't drive with the A/C compressor running and so I turn this off. The car always remembers this comand and never turns the compressor back on upon restart unless I physically switch it on.

I try and remember though to switch it back on for 10 or so minutes a week just to keep the seals lubricated and the system flushed through. I think when people drive for months on end with the compressor off the residual water in the system goes off and mould forms giving the familiar to some stale smell from the vents. :thumbsdown:
Old 12-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dawi' post='371537' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:32 PM
Why don't you want the ventiltation system to come on when you restart you car? Surely you don't drive around very much with the system switched off completely. Unless you are used to driving with your windows open then it would soon get rather stale in your car if this was the case.

I don't turn it off completly as I don't see the need. However, in the winter months as in now I don't drive with the A/C compressor running and so I turn this off. The car always remembers this comand and never turns the compressor back on upon restart unless I physically switch it on.

I try and remember though to switch it back on for 10 or so minutes a week just to keep the seals lubricated and the system flushed through. I think when people drive for months on end with the compressor off the residual water in the system goes off and mould forms giving the familiar to some stale smell from the vents. :thumbsdown:
thanks for answer

so it is not necessary to turn it off ? just dont leave A/C compressor running that is it ?

and is there a way to turn the ventiltation off ? it wont be turn if you restart the engine with 15 min or around that, but after 30 min ... i think, it will automatically be

on... am i right ?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Members

Its better when it is ON all times, if you shut it off and turn it on all the time, the car will get fogged windows! Leave it on at all times ;o) Read instructions in the manual. It says that you shouldnt turn it off and on. So just leave it on and regulate the temperature to desired level.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andonni' post='371295' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:21 AM

thank you
Could possibly be a software problem. My car never used to remember the setting until the coding was updated - but I believe this only affected 'early' cars...
Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by guldbil' post='372029' date='Dec 29 2006, 02:21 AM
Its better when it is ON all times, if you shut it off and turn it on all the time, the car will get fogged windows! Leave it on at all times ;o) Read instructions in the manual. It says that you shouldnt turn it off and on. So just leave it on and regulate the temperature to desired level.
on what page of the manual book ?