E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Again, anyone have VERSION 12?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spec33

What did they do to activate the voice control?

I just had my car upgraded to Prof Nav, but no voice control working.
Dealer didn?t know how or when to activate it!?
Old 06-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Members

Not sure what they did. I will get the service sheet tomorrow. If it is not on the service sheet I will ask.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

Great. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.
Smile

I was told today that the sunroof will not operate in pos. 1 . The Service Advisor said he was told by a BMW Field Service Engineer that the manual was printed prior to the final decision on the sunroof operation. I asked why every other BMW I've driven has this feature. The SA did not have an answer except to say the decision was made because the sunroof motor draws too much juice and could wear the battery down! (I guess if you opened and closed it about 100 times!)

I DON'T BUY THIS NEWEST LOAD OF BULL**** FOR ONE MINUTE.VERY PO'D

BMW has has my vehicle for at least 21 days in the past 6 months for various software related problems. Getting close to "Lemon" status.

Finally, V.12 is definitely not available, no release date is available and no info as what if anything it will correct.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

ranieriwm - Same thing here, I got lots of software bugs and took the car in this week to get a software update. My car is an April build and they told me that the latest software release only updated something like 8 out of 30 units, so they told me that my software was more or less up to date and not to expect a lot of improvement. They also said that it could take 6-12 months!!!!!! before there would be a version available that might fix those issues!!! Unacceptable in my opinion but I am trying to focus on the good things that my E60 offers (certainly the way it drives is on the top of my list) otherwise I would have rejected the car without any hesitation! Let's hope that they were wrong about this estimate, I will keep bugging my dealer until they are able to fix all of these issues. When I think about it I really get furious about the way BMW disrespects their loyal customers!!! As I said before, I am trying to focus on the positive things that this car has to offer.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

JohanDC-Well said. Focus on the positive! I do love the car and hope the glitches can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. However, it has been 6 months since I took delivery and it is a Sept. 03 build. BMW has been stalling for too long on these known issues. I agree that BMW has not been forthcoming with all the available info regarding our problems, either. The dealer has been great, and I do not blame them in any way. My service manager has gone so far as setting up a meeting withe his AAM (Area Marketing Manager?), Jeff Lance, for June 30th. I will keep all of you posted on what the result is. Good luck to us both.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I have to agree that as much as some of these little bugs suck, we have to stay positive and look beyond these things. If not, we'll all go nuts!

As Johan said, the driveability of this car, in my opinion, simply trumps any complaints I have with software bugs, etc.

I think we all have to remember not to set too high an expectation for version 12 to fix every single glitch. Hopefully it'll fix many or most of them but I'm not going to set myself up for any dissapointments just yet. (Sure, I know, we all paid a lot of money for features that don't work, etc. Depending on how many issues go away with version 12, I may be changing my tune and becoming a little more pissed and a little less tolerant!) For now, I still have way too much fun driving the car to let some of the little things bother me.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Contributors

AAM stands for "Aftersales Marketing Manager" not area marketing manager as written in my prior post.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Members

I was told end of July or beginning of August for V12. The only thing my dealer has heard about in V12 is a fix for the passenger airbag indicator.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Members

Another fix is supposed to be for the steering wheel not going up automatically when you shut off the car.

Quick Reply: Again, anyone have VERSION 12?