E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

After 2 Days with start/stop buttom

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Roleez' post='205476
Is keyless go like comfort access? I have forgotten what comfort access does. Does it just unlock the door when you get close?
Comfort access is BMW's version of MB's keyless go--same basic functionality.

...and I don't like the way the new board SW combines 2 separate replies into 1, if made one shortly after the other...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Aye Carumba!

O.K....You guys have successfully roped me into a reply.
The start/stop button is what comes with an E60 these days. I *REALLY* don't see what the big deal is here. Push the button to start, push the button to stop.

I'm going to ask Lomag to set up a "Whiners Forum".
Sheesh.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by stream' post='205486' date='Nov 30 2005, 06:38 PM
...and I don't like the way the new board SW combines 2 separate replies into 1, if made one shortly after the other...

Hahahha I dont like it either! it makes things confusing! especially when the post do not relate!

The Key Fob is ok. pushing the fob in and then pushing the start is fine too whats bad is having to PUSH it in then pull it back out.

They should just make it a pull out and thats not not push to release then pull.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Members

I just received my car yesterday, with the comfort access. It is great. I have decided on the one word to describe the drive: it wafts.

You walk up to your locked car, briefcase in hand, no fishing for keys. You grasp the drivers side door and presto, it opens. You sit down in the car, put your foot on the brake and press START. You drive away.

Once at the strip bar/bank tower/coal mine you exit the car and touch (no button to press) a paticular part of the door handle once you close the car. The part is not marked, which doubles its coolness. Essentially it is the key insert area.

All functions are pretty fast - but you have to get the rythym of the car or you will be pulling on a locked door. I would say under one second for each respective function to work properly.

Once you/he/she/one gets the flow of this feature, it is very fun to have.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='205483' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:34 PM
It unlocks the doors and when you are in the car with the key in your pocket activates the start button - so you do not have to insert the key

BTW - anyone have the 06 5 series with the start/stop and no comfort access? Is it a key or just the fob like the 3 series - the owners manual and the instruction book are not clear on this. If no one answers this then I will in the next few days WHEN I GET MY CAR!!! -
Thanks. I see; comfort access sounds like a nice feature. I'd get if for $1K, but wouldn't be overly concerned if I didn't get it. I have driven several no comfort access/start button cars in Europe. I liked them. I'd actually prefer to hit the start button after inserting the key than to "tap" the key to the right and let off.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I don't like Start/Stop button, an I think it's an extra step to start the engine.

But I have a question to all of you. If you receive a call from BMW dealer and tell you it's FREE to replace your key to Start/Stop button, will you do it???

I will probably say "Yes". I hate when people ask me, how come Lexus comes with it and yours don't... How much did you pay for your car??....
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='205528' date='Dec 1 2005, 12:02 AM
I don't like Start/Stop button, an I think it's an extra step to start the engine.

But I have a question to all of you. If you receive a call from BMW dealer and tell you it's FREE to replace your key to Start/Stop button, will you do it???

I will probably say "Yes". I hate when people ask me, how come Lexus comes with it and yours don't... How much did you pay for your car??....
Yeah, but BMW's are about way more than start/stop buttons. Honestly, I am totally kidding. If BMW asked if I wanted one, even without comfort access, then I'd say yes provided that there should be no problem beyond what a car that came equipped with the button would have. I like them. Why don't you do a poll?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I believe the reason they said why Lexus comes with it and your don?t is because they are jealous that I am driving an e60. Oh, they don?t know what e60 is, I mean 530i.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='205505' date='Nov 30 2005, 10:51 PM
Sheesh.
Yes, a "Whiners Forum"...but then you'd have to add the link about BMW proactively calling a customer to help solve a complaint

Or we could start a thread about the 'extra' step it is to push the brake pedal before we start the car.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='205540
Sheesh.
Yes, a "Whiners Forum"...but then you'd have to add the link about BMW proactively calling a customer to help solve a complaint

Or we could start a thread about the 'extra' step it is to push the brake pedal before we start the car.
[/quote]

Hee, Hee! Oh man, hoopsrob. You've got me pegged!

Quick Reply: After 2 Days with start/stop buttom