E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advantage BMW Clear Lake Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535i Sport
Default Advantage BMW Clear Lake Texas

I have no idea why I ever call their service department. EVERY time I call they act like they have so much better stuff to do than talk to a customer. They are a-holes every single time. The last couple service issues I had, I took the car to BMW North Houston because of Advantage. Well, I thought I would try CL again, since it is closer to my house. Same old BS. I asked about the weather stripping that is cracking and flying off around my windshield, I asked if that was normal, and/or if that is something the warranty would cover. After flat out laughing at me, he told me no warranty coverage. He then said if I could prove I had the original windshield, he might be able to fix it for me. I told him I bought the car from their dealership, and it is the same one from then. He then said he'd look at it, replacement cost would be about $400 for the weather stripping. That's the same cost for a windshield.

Ok, I feel better. Move along.

I didn't see any other section that looked appropriate, so move as needed.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Is your car still under warranty? The front rubber is about 65.00 and a PITA to change and can be done without removing glass. The rear is less and a kinder gardener can do it after having five beers! These rubbers don't seem to last more than 4-5 years. You should order front, rear and your sunroof. This seal is probably hard by now even though it might look ok. You will be amazed at how much quieter your car will be inside. There are several DIY on here.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535i Sport

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Is your car still under warranty? The front rubber is about 65.00 and a PITA to change and can be done without removing glass. The rear is less and a kinder gardener can do it after having five beers! These rubbers don't seem to last more than 4-5 years. You should order front, rear and your sunroof. This seal is probably hard by now even though it might look ok. You will be amazed at how much quieter your car will be inside. There are several DIY on here.
It is under warranty, but he said BMW considers it a weather hazard because of where we live.

I'll check those out, because I did notice they are hard.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I would call BMW NA and see war they say. In SC we have free windshield replacement through the insurance. I purchased the seals and was procrastinating on the front. During this time a rock hit it and they changed the glass and seal. Check out the DIY on the seals if BMW won't cover it.