E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AC/Radio/chimes operation inconsistant

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Question

I have owned my first BMW for almost a month. I have had the aux adapter installed. Auto dimming mirror installed and the windshield replaced. I have complained to my dealer each time I had it in for inconsistany with the radio operation, chime warnings, and AC on / off inconsistantly.

Radio - I have had several instances with the radion staying on after the car has been shut off, doors opened, car locked, car reopened, Radio still on. I even came back to my car 10 minutes after it was parked on one occasion and it was still on.

Warning Chimes - On many instances the chimes will chime 3 times after the car is turned off and the key is removed. I checked that the lights were not on. I have heard of others noticing this. I even heard another customer mention this with the loaner she was given while getting service.

AC System - The sytem will sometimes come on by itsef when starting the car. And sometimes it will not. It has done it if I turn off the system before turning off the car and if I leave it on.

The car has been doing this since I purchaed. THe car was reprogrammed when the aux adapter was addedand it is still doing thiese things intermitantly.

Does anyone have a soluiton for this? It seems like the dealer does not even want to attempt in diagnosing this.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

You know ive had the same issue with the A/C - Heating Unit...A habit ive picked up of shutting everything off before leaving the car...when ive return to the car couple of instances it will be on
Old 03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

1. Sounds like a software problem. Has your car been reprogrammed with v.15.x or ??. If you depress the volume button after you turn off the ignition, the radio will play but I don't think it would stay on like that. Do you have NAV because that seems to make things work strangely.

2. I think it's normal. If you open the door before you have removed the key and pulled it away from the ignition several inches, this will happen. Car thinks the key is still in the ignition and if chime goes once, it seems to go 3 times. If this happens all the time no matter where you are holding the key, I would say software problem.

3. I don't know if this is a problem or you just haven't figured out how the A/C system works and I don't know what you mean by the system comes on. If you have it set to Auto, then it will cool/heat differently depending what the temp is in the car. Personally I don't use the Auto setting. Some swear by it, others at it.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Speaking of AC... I had it once turn on automatically while I was driving. I delivertly turned it off and all the lights were off and then all of a sudden it turned itself on. I turn it off again and then a little bit it turned on again. I usually leave it on so its no big deal but it was weird!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:37 PM
You know ive had the same issue with the A/C - Heating Unit...A habit ive picked up of shutting everything off before leaving the car...when ive return to the car couple of instances it will be on
[snapback]95901[/snapback]
I do have the NAVI system