E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

545I- What options

Old 08-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I figure that you folks would know what are the preferred options. The "must haves".

I was reading post and saw that a lot of folks were wanting the NAV and Heads UP stuff. If money was not so much an issue what would be the options you would need then want?
Old 08-25-2003, 06:22 PM

The sports package is a must.

Everything else depends on your taste.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Members

it really is a personal decision. i feel like there are must have things, id love to have things, and things i probably wouldnt spend a dime on things. the 545 will be pricey and im really watching the options close to keep the price down otherwise it just ends up being so close in price to a 745i (relatively).

yes, imho, sport package is a must.

Logic 7 is the other must have for me. i absolutely love it in my parents 745.

the split-fold rear seats are probably must haves, for me

PDC would be something i would really like to have. its neato and could save $ and embarrassment.

cold weather package would be nice but i live in the south so i wont freeze to death w/o it. it would however save my nerves from hearing my gf constantly complain about being cold

now personally, 20 ways seats are overkill and i wouldnt even think of spending the money on those. its not like the standard and sport seats have rusty nails and broken glass in them. id just rather spend that big money elsewhere.

now the biggy. navigation. i have mixed feelings this. weve had our 745 about a year and just last week used the navigation for the first time. honestly i dont travel much, and when i do its with someone how has a far better sense of direction than myself. even my dealer buddy said he thought most of the time that nav is the biggest waste of money. BUT nav is undeniably cool and it just seems like it should be in a car this price, even though i dont think it was ever planned as standard. honestly i think i would miss not haveing voice control MUCH more than not having nav. VCS is one of my favorite things in my parents 7. also i would hate to look at idrives nav and not actually have nav. ill be playing this one by ear, but i dont think it will keep me up at night if i end up not getting it.

HUD. how cool would this be? real cool. how useful would that be? dont really know. preliminary reviews havent talked too much about it, as far as i know. honestly i dont think ill be driving so hard or in strange places enough to justify it, esp buying sight unseen. speaking of sight, im colorblind, so it would be completely possible for it to be a total waste of money in daylight driving. dont get me wrong, id take this and nav in a second, but i just dont know if id want to pay for it. id snatch this up way bf the comfort seats though

thats my take on things from a personal perspective. hope it helps you out. good luck and take care.

steven
Old 08-26-2003, 07:43 PM
gary

SMG, manual 6 or Step?
Old 08-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Members

step for me.

if i end up with a 545i itll be for a long time. the few step equipt cars ive driven offermed more than enough controls for me, not to mention that if the "normal" automatic mode is like that in the 745 itll be wonderful.

i would only be interested in a manual if i had money for a weekend, play car. smg would be my choice in a M car.

steven
Old 08-27-2003, 07:16 AM
gary

Favorite exterior/interior/trim combo's?