E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535i reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I have sprt and prm pkg on my 535i. Have had my car since for almost 6 months. This is my first e60 and bmw. Stop building one online and purchase it already
Old 06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not really that concerned with mileage because I drive so little, but what are you actually getting?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Bought mine in Sept 07 - have 11,000 miles on her. Nothing but positives as well - No negative issues to speak of
Gas mileage is great, power is plenty! Get one.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I bought one of the first 2008-535xi's BMW put out :thumbsdown: . I bought mine in April of 2007 with a march 07 build. At first glance the car was awesome and I drove it to virginia the next day after I purchased it. Needless to say a bunch of problems came to light from the wheel balance and allignment to the gear shift selector and the high pressure fuel pump. The items that BMW was able to fix took several times before they got it right and the items like the gear selector took 6 weeks for a new one to arrive and the pressure pump required a puma case to be opened by BMW before they could request a new one for repair which took a while.

NOW!! the good part...

I continued to have meetings with BMW dealership and their managers including VP of service and finally after several months they allowed to order a new one and bought mine back. When I returned it , it already had 6000 miles. I ordered a 535xi loaded in August , see sig, and took delivery in October with a September 07 build. This car has been great and I love it. The only thing I cannot comment on is the suspension , although I have the sports pack my car does not have the sports suspension because of the all wheel drive. Overall you are going to love the car. It's extremely quick and feels even better when you break it in. You will be a happy person in the 535I with the sport pack and sport tranny.

Have fun with your new 535 I already know you are going to buy one!!

Rick....
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I think on the current build , the Sport pack come with the comfort seats only, hence why it's like a $3500 option.

Premium pack I think come with the following:Ambiant lighting, Dakota leather , universal garage opener(home link), auto dimming mirrors.

Sport pack: Sport suspention, Shadow line trim ( no chrome ! hell yeah), Sports steering wheel, Space saver spare, Active Roll stabilization, Type 124's with Dunlop runflats, Multi contour seats...

The premium pack kinda sucks unless you really want the auto dimming mirrors , which you can get the dealer to install for about $400, just get the leather and save some $ or spend on other options.

The option list for the 535 is about half way down:
http://www.e60.net/information/2008_5_Seri...tion_Sheets.pdf
It also has the priority 1 stuff on it too.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The E60 LCI is a great car and the twin-turbo 3.0 l is a great, award winning engine.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

I am not really that concerned with mileage because I drive so little, but what are you actually getting?
18-19 and 28-30 highway and that's with a heavy right foot.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Members

had mine almost a year
love it -and hate it
love it because of the quickness and power that you dont notice.it handles good, if in sport mode almost no turbo lag.
hate it because its always in the shop(this is just my car as far as i know) high pressure fuel pump went out along with the waste gate. that was fixed but now the when the car idles it shutters and twice the error message came up engine malfunction reduced power and the dealer cant find out why.
if i were you i would get the new m3
Old 06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Before I bought mine, I test drove a non-sport model. I must admit that the non-sport version definitely gives you a softer ride (in part due to the different wheel/tire combo). But if you really want to drive the car then the sport package should definitely be on your list.

If you are buying the sport package then you are a fool if you don't opt for the Sport Auto tranny for another $500.

You will notice the turbo lag. Its very slight, but mostly noticeable at slow speeds when you accelerate.

Everything else on the car is really up to personal preference. Its definitely not a bad choice.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:25 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Owned 6 weeks with 2000 mi. The car is really fun to drive and is breaking in nicely. Average fuel consuption is in the 21.5 to 22.5 mpg range. Lowest was 17 mpg in early break in. For the sport package you have to order leather seats since the comfort seats are part of the sport package. I have the sport package and a manual transmission and it is a great package. Performance, handling, style, economy, and comfort is all there in a stealthy package. Biggest issue is controlling my right foot.

Quick Reply: 535i reviews?