E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d UPGrade??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:09 PM
JWD
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting bored with those MB owners telling their MB is much better than a Beemer.
I've owned a ML55 and after that I bought a X5 4.4l why? Because the BMW is IMHO a much better car handling wise.
Being a semi-pro racedriver I really judge the car more on it's handling than on the performance of the engine.
The 535d is a perfect car to drive fast and safely on public roads, the MB is more a car to drive around town with moderate speeds. smoking a sigar with Mozart playing from the Command(tm) center.
I guess that's why 95% of the taxis in The Netherlands are MB E's.
I'm not a taxi driver so no E for me....
The 535d isn't perfect though, I think BMW should consider adding a limited slip differential first before adding more HP and NM's, the amount of wheel spin I'm having with my standard 535d is just ridiculous.

My 535d with it's winter trim (18" M5 rims with 245 Wintrac Extremes);
Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

JWD very well said you're my man. MB is a
nice car man. It is an M3 hiding on that picture?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
JWD
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='220740' date='Jan 8 2006, 01:12 AM
JWD very well said you're my man. MB is a
nice car man. It is an M3 hiding on that picture?
Thanks
And yes that's a M3 which is a bit neglected after I bought the 535d
Old 01-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JWD' post='220738' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:09 AM
I'm getting bored with those MB owners telling their MB is much better than a Beemer.
I've owned a ML55 and after that I bought a X5 4.4l why? Because the BMW is IMHO a much better car handling wise.
Being a semi-pro racedriver I really judge the car more on it's handling than on the performance of the engine.
The 535d is a perfect car to drive fast and safely on public roads, the MB is more a car to drive around town with moderate speeds. smoking a sigar with Mozart playing from the Command(tm) center.
I guess that's why 95% of the taxis in The Netherlands are MB E's.
I'm not a taxi driver so no E for me....
The 535d isn't perfect though, I think BMW should consider adding a limited slip differential first before adding more HP and NM's, the amount of wheel spin I'm having with my standard 535d is just ridiculous.

My 535d with it's winter trim (18" M5 rims with 245 Wintrac Extremes);

this is coming from the owner (now and past) of an e46 m3, e90 330i , e65 745i, x5 3.0d , 525i, 540i, 523i, 730i, mb e 220cdi, s500l, s320l, e32amg, audi a4 2.0t, audi s4.... should i go on?

i dont label myself a semi-pro anything, my 2 best friends are class n WORLD rally championship drivers, and Class A BNC drivers... and i give them the cars to drive...

And you think i am a simple MB owner making assumptions? dont be silly
Old 01-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

THis is after all a bmw forum. Therefor the logic is to find more about bmw, not mb as i find to stumble lately. Almost every topic has a mb comp in it or a mb sub topic. Everybpdy should be sure they got the right forum! Know what i mean?
Old 01-08-2006, 05:11 AM
JWD
Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='220768' date='Jan 8 2006, 03:33 AM
this is coming from the owner (now and past) of an e46 m3, e90 330i , e65 745i, x5 3.0d , 525i, 540i, 523i, 730i, mb e 220cdi, s500l, s320l, e32amg, audi a4 2.0t, audi s4.... should i go on?

i dont label myself a semi-pro anything, my 2 best friends are class n WORLD rally championship drivers, and Class A BNC drivers... and i give them the cars to drive...

We're getting way off-topic...
But if you've owned so much different cars then you should know that BMW always wins when it comes to handling.
Did I say the MB is a bad car? No, it's a great car but in a different league than the BMW.
Nice to have friends who drive WRC cars but I don't see what it has to do with this at all.....
And if you think I'm a simple BMW owner making assumptions then you're wrong too, I currently own an AMG product too but I think it's silly to sum up all the cars you have ever driven or own.
All of the above is just my opinion, that's why we have forums to discuss about stuff... So don't take this as an offence
Old 01-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

I have never met such arogance and grandomany.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

many people are just victims of MB's marketing. Or they simply think that buying an MB will make them acquire some higher status or what.???
I always say that a person that undesrtands cars can't ever buy an MB.
MB is not about cars.... it has grown to something totaly else which I don't really want to be part of. As I see how the majority of MB owners presents ithemselves.... Most of the time you hear them say MB is the best car on the world???/ WTF. Then they don't even know if their car is RD or FD Reminds me of some guys in the mountains putting snow chains on their MB's front wheel sorry just feel like having a sunday after lunch type of talk here

Just my honest and very very general oppinnion and broad estimation.
No offence to anybody.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JWD' post='220875

We're getting way off-topic...
But if you've owned so much different cars then you should know that BMW always wins when it comes to handling.
Did I say the MB is a bad car? No, it's a great car but in a different league than the BMW.
Nice to have friends who drive WRC cars but I don't see what it has to do with this at all.....
And if you think I'm a simple BMW owner making assumptions then you're wrong too, I currently own an AMG product too but I think it's silly to sum up all the cars you have ever driven or own.
All of the above is just my opinion, that's why we have forums to discuss about stuff... So don't take this as an offence
[/quote]

The only point to counting cars (past and present) is because you assumed i was simply an mb owner that was crapping on the thread... I wanted to make sure that this was clearly established

no , what im trying to say is that although there have been many cars in the family, i always find myself looking for answers from people that REALLY know what they are talking about... For example i went with Dimitar Iliev (races for team italy) to test the e420cdi , and the comments i posted above are closely linked with what he had to say about the car

And yes i see the m3 and i salute you on the choice of car, but TBH BMW has really fallen in my eyes, not with the cars they make, but with everything around them , especially the servicing, the build quality, and sales ... Coming from a point 3 years ago when i had sworn i would never buy another merc, i must say i have had to rethink many of the things i have said about them...

And besides you would criticize the mercedes for its high weight, its engine position, its loss of feel, but did you think about the changes in the new e60 series ? look at the weight figures, look at the engine placement , look at the distrubution of weight on the front and real axle. the car is technically far from the perfectness of the e39.. And dont get offended but BMW is now closer to MB more than they have ever been, and if you fail to see this i wonder how long will it take to realize that the two brands will soon be making very very similar cars?

or could i be very wrong?

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='220877' date='Jan 8 2006, 02:29 PM
I have never met such arogance and grandomany.
you will find that grandomany is based on empty speculations, sounds familiar :thumbsdown:
Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

Grandomany is based on empty speculations? That's a new one!
Think harder dude, those 2 are not sinonims or so related. Yes in particular cases speculating in a stubburn way or in a way to show off leads to grandomany. Just speculating things doesn't make a person grandoman. Showing off proprety, level of inteligence, wealth or any other things and poking people in the eye IS after all grandomany.

Let me clarifi 2 things:
1. I speculated on the power of that porsche...not knowing it's output. But after all u were the only one to say it's exact output. Good for u. What else could we, other mortals, do? Start a search frenzy on the owner/specs of that porsche?

2. On the E420 CDI i said and sustain my point of view that it doesn't handle as good as a bmw. After all i never drove that particular model, and u can say i'm speculating...but in a way i'm not. I saw alot of numbers from ALOT of magazines, tv shows, when E class was often compared to 5 series. At all categories the E class lost all kind of tests: like skid pad, slalom time....and so on. All that's related to handling. Even the test of the kings with the E55 AMG and E60 M5 the E lost at handling. If u keep to sustain those things it's ur opinion. So in conclusion i can say that i really didn't speculate on the e420 cdi's handling considering all the tests i've seen. Or don't tell me the e420 cdi is now the mother of all previous E models including amg.

With this i conclude my replays to you ont his post and on the other. Stick to your point of view and i'll stick to mine. I don't want no more to consume myself in this stupid argument cuz it doesn't worth to.

Quick Reply: 535d UPGrade??