E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

535d Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Sport A - Dec 04. Titanium Silver. Nav Pro

Hi,

I have seen many comments on this forum regarding DMS 535d tuning. All the comments were very positive. However, it seem that there is a choice in UK at least http://www.superchips.co.uk/superchips.php

What is attractive here is the significantly lower price and the warranty they give for the engine, turbo etc.

Has anybody on this forum had their mod fitted and what are their experiences and comments.

Thanks,
Wlodek
Old 05-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wlodek' post='287967' date='May 26 2006, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I have seen many comments on this forum regarding DMS 535d tuning. All the comments were very positive. However, it seem that there is a choice in UK at least http://www.superchips.co.uk/superchips.php

What is attractive here is the significantly lower price and the warranty they give for the engine, turbo etc.

Has anybody on this forum had their mod fitted and what are their experiences and comments.
Is it significantly cheaper? Superchips is ?511 and I thought the DMS option, with the forum discount, is not far off? AFAIK Superchips is a 'franchised' service where you go to a number of local garages and DMS is rep-based?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='288011' date='May 26 2006, 02:09 PM
Is it significantly cheaper? Superchips is ?511 and I thought the DMS option, with the forum discount, is not far off? AFAIK Superchips is a 'franchised' service where you go to a number of local garages and DMS is rep-based?
Between 30-odd and 40-odd percent cheaper than DMS.

ABC
Old 05-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

there was an article about them in bmwcar (april) , it stated that they got better gains than dms and had a very good warranty option... go find the mag
Old 05-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Members

My Ride: Delivered 30/11/04: 535d Sport, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Hi-Fi, Rear M Spoiler, Headlamp Washer, Auto dim/folding mirrors, Grad tint screen, Aux input,

I have had my car chipped with Superchips for over six months and no problems. The car definitely goes faster, especially in the mid range. Mine was done through the dealer in Glenrothes, Scotland. I had already met the guy through a friend and felt confident they would give me a good service.

My car has been chipped and re-chipped twice. I should say because the car has had to go in to BMW for re-programming TWICE. Both times because of BMW faults. Falkland Performance where cool about it both times, charging me ?50 for the un-coding and recoding. I feel this is reasonable considering it takes an average of forty minutes to an hour each process.

The last time I was there (15th May, after BMW fault). I was talking to the guy and I mentioned DMS and said they were popular with this site. He tells me that in fact a couple of the re-map coders for Superchips do work for DMS. I don't know if this is true or not just passing on the conversation.

So in summation, yes I am happy with Superchips. Are they any better than DMS....only the track times will tell.

Hope this Helps!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

e-maps, DMS and iirc, also chippedUK remap your car for free, if dealer flashes over the map.

I guess the variations between the different maps will be nuances only, and the most important thing is, that you have to be happy and feel confident with the decision, you take. I honestly believe there is nothing in it, which is shown by happy people all over the place, no matter who they have used.

On the warranty side, I would properly check the conditions of said warranty, before I make a statement. Most of these warranties require you to prove the map caused the fault, beyond doubt. Very difficult and, in the end, they are just an insurance.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by iDrive535dSport' post='288225' date='May 27 2006, 01:45 AM
My car has been chipped and re-chipped twice. I should say because the car has had to go in to BMW for re-programming TWICE. Both times because of BMW faults.
How could it be BMW's fault when you chip you car privately?

When chipping your car your out of factory warrants!