E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d Sport on demo

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Members

The really big difference between the 2 cars is that the power of the 530d really drops after you passed 4k rpm. It will shift at 4400-4500rpm max while you have the feeling it could have shifted up at 4k rpm as well

The 535 however just keeps pulling hard, even after 4k rpm (because of the bigger turbo charger for high rpm's) It likes to rev the engine a lot more than the 530d would, and in sport mode it goes a little beyond 5k rpm.

I ran into a 530d at a light and up to 100kph I was 1.5-2 car lengths ahead and we had to slow down for upcoming traffic. He was alone in the car and obviously gunning it, since I heard his tires squeel. I even had a passenger with me in the car. The faster you go, the bigger the difference will get I am sure.

So for example, at the German autobahn, with a stock 535d I am sure you could humiliate a stock 530d in a 100-220/240 kph run.

Here's some performance data on the 535d vs a 545i! (see post above)
Attached Thumbnails 535d Sport on demo-sa5.jpg  
Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Members

sorry for double post.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

Wow! I wonder what the 545 owners are going to say now

The 0-100 numbers for the 545 are lower than what I've seen before, but then again, this is testing an automatic and not a manual.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Mar 25 2005, 08:35 AM
Wow!? I wonder what the 545 owners are going to say now ?

The 0-100 numbers for the 545 are lower than what I've seen before, but then again, this is testing an automatic and not a manual.
[snapback]106389[/snapback]
Exactly! And since 95% of all 545's are getting delivered (at least in Europe they get) with an automatic transmission its a good test to see the numbers of a 545i with an automatic!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:19 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently in a 2003 e46 M3 Cab Waiting to get a 535d Sport with individual and all the extras...

Interesting comments from ISUK

Other then wheels (cant take 19ers after my e46 with 19s) I think I have addressed all your issues
Old 03-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Well looks like I have to rethink my next car. My 320d has arrived and I just don't like it. The proportions of the styling just look odd to me and several of my friends. I am fortunate in the fact that I can use the car to replace one of my company cars that is due for change. The guy who is getting the new 3 is delighted (in no small part due to the high spec ).

I'm going to keep my 530d now for at least another six months but am now considering what to replace it with. My options are: -

535d sport - in spite of my own comments re the performance difference I have to agree that when you option out a 530d the larger engine makes sense. My dealer friend also advised to go for the sport based upon stronger residuals as I had already mentioned so I would be looking at a high spec with Individual Eq 2 and possibly Individual paint. I'm considering either jet black with caramel or Le Mans blue with either champagne or ecru I think its called. Definately going to get the 19" style 172 wheels if I go with this car.

Porsche Cayenne - either high spec V6 or moderate spec V8 S model

New Range Rover Sport

It's probably not wise asking you guys which one to go for though due to potential bias
Old 03-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Mar 25 2005, 01:28 PM
Well looks like I have to rethink my next car. My 320d has arrived and I just don't like it. The proportions of the styling just look odd to me and several of my friends. I am fortunate in the fact that I can use the car to replace one of my company cars that is due for change. The guy who is getting the new 3 is delighted (in no small part due to the high spec? ).

I'm going to keep my 530d now for at least another six months but am now considering what to replace it with. My options are: -

535d sport - in spite of my own comments re the performance difference I have to agree that when you option out a 530d the larger engine makes sense. My dealer friend also advised to go for the sport based upon stronger residuals as I had already mentioned so I would be looking at a high spec with Individual Eq 2 and possibly Individual paint. I'm considering either jet black with caramel or Le Mans blue with either champagne or ecru I think its called. Definately going to get the 19" style 172 wheels if I go with this car.

New Range Rover Sport

It's probably not wise asking you guys which one to go for though due to potential bias?
[snapback]106481[/snapback]

..............next week on Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous.

Teehee. I bet you made his day with the 3er. I saw a 330i in the showroom today. They will have no trouble shifting a boat load of them, imo.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Mar 25 2005, 07:28 AM
Well looks like I have to rethink my next car. My 320d has arrived and I just don't like it. The proportions of the styling just look odd to me and several of my friends. I am fortunate in the fact that I can use the car to replace one of my company cars that is due for change. The guy who is getting the new 3 is delighted (in no small part due to the high spec? ).

New Range Rover Sport

It's probably not wise asking you guys which one to go for though due to potential bias?
[snapback]106481[/snapback]
Congratulations, ISUK!
I knew you wud make the right choice!
What do you mean by Individual paint?
Light leather is nice but aren't u afraid of it getting dirty?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

browellm,

Not lifestyles of the rich and famous... more the broke (after the 997) and indecisive

igor,

I meant chosing one of the special order BMW Individual colours, i.e. Le Mans blue, to make my car stand out. From memory you can have Sterling Grey, Imola Red, Japan Red, Clearwater, Le Mans Blue, Onyx Blue, Diamond, Malachite Green, Brass, Sepia, and a couple of others that I can't remember. I'm not really a lover of blue cars but the Le Mans blue is unusual. Clearwater might be nice - a bit like the Silverstone blue on the old E39 M5. I really want a sapphire black sport but they don't offer that, even on the Individual programme. I did consider ordering a standard car in Sapphire black and adding the bodykit but this will be more costly and will mean it is missing some sport spec such as the lovely thick M steering wheel, door sill badges etc

Light leather isn't a problem for me as I don't have any children to worry about. I'm still leaning towards the caramel leather though if I go for another E60.

Quick Reply: 535d Sport on demo