E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d + Diesel Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

Back from week long dealer visit.

The first complaint, is still happening, I have had new tyes on the rear and one of particle filters in the exhaust system was blocked and had to be cleared out or replaced. The vibration is slight when you accelerate you feel the engine response through the steering wheel and pedals, I do not know if this is normal, not had it on the two previous e60s. I am just fed up. The loaners have been a LCI 525I SPORT and 530d LCI SPORT I had one for two days and the other for a day, both were free og problem one, but interesting had problem two.

The second complaint, appears much better, still bad on start off but in gear appears great, but will it last, if it does not I will try the 25 second trick!

Had lots of other stuff done like new door seals and some work around steering column, the dash dials are being replaced due to an annoying rattle, this has made the car rattle and squeak free which is nice, but makes problem one more apparent!

The gearbox problem will not go away, what is interesting is that it was not much better in the LCI 530d, it was better but still suffered from the start off issue and aithough gear changes where quicker when they happened it still felt as if it was pausing a little. The car only had 50 miles on it , so the gearbox had not learnt my style. YOU WOULD THINK THE BLOODY ENGINEERS WOULD HAVE LEARNT , AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

Over all the car feels better but I would like more insulation from the cars drive train and I feel less inclined to purchase the LCI and just wait for the F10, which will arrrive 2009.

Overall I give this e60 5 out of 10

The saga will go on I am sure.

Test driving MB E320 SPORT on Wednesday.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Members

I had the vibrating issue on my 2001 530d sport. After months of messing about and back and forth to the dealer I found a thread that siad it was a common issue and related to the wheels not being balanced correctly. The normal balancing you can have in the UK just didnt work and I was told to find a hunter load balancer that produces a 3d image of wheel imperfections and lets the weights be placed accross the full width of the rims on the inside. It was the only thing that worked. I had all 4 wheels done.

Not saying this is the case with yours, but it could be the E60 is just as rempremental about wheel balancing as the E39.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Members

OK had car back just over a week.

The car is alot better, in gear acceleration loads better, even the rolling start appear better, the rattles have been solved and the car drives great.

The vibration (low speed is still there, but hey its a diesel) Overall good lets hope it lasts.

Was going to buy new LCI but have decided to stick with mine for two reasons

The LCI I drove did not feel any better than current, still slow i drive
The current value of my car has dropped by nearly ?20k who needs to lose further on these cars, this is my third e60 and my last until the new model arrives, just brought the wife an X5 and not prepared to shell out on a new car that looks like the one I have already lost a s**tload on.