E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

530xi almost here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi, Silver grey metallic, Black leather interior with poplar wood trim, Premium package, Premium sound package, Cold weather package, Sport package, Automatic transmission, Style 124 wheels with 245/40 ZR18 93W ContiExtremeContact all season radials, Red reflectors, 3M Clear Bra, Samsung A920 Bluetooth Sprint phone with updated firmware (version ZB06 and ZB07), Hardwired Passport X50 Blue LED (switched from Valentine One). Build date 1/06.

Hi everyone,

Well, my car arrived in New York and is en route to the dealer in RI. I should get it next week sometime- very exciting! I ordered a 530xi, Sliver Grey Metallic, black leather interior with poplar grain wood, Premium package, Premium sound, Cold weather package, Sports package, Auto transmission. Purposefully did not get Nav since I really didn't need it. I also ordered style 124 wheels separately (the correct ones for the 530xi offset), along with 18" ContiExtreme all season tires (non run flats!). I ordered the tires from Tirerack and had them drop shipped to the dealer. I couldn't get credit for the the original wheels/tires, so I have two sets now. It's OK- I really like the style 124's on this car. I will use one of the originals as a spare. Finally, I ordered the rear reflectors and will put these on myself.

Is there anything else that I should ask for when picking up this car (other than routine stuff)? For instance, I currently own a 2000 528i, and seem to remember that they needed to program in the auto door locking feature, etc. but didn't do this initially- it was a hassle to get it done later. Any advice would be appreciated!

I will try to post photos in a few weeks.

Steve
Old 02-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats on your pending new arrival. From your post, it seems you've already done your homework and studied the information on the forum.

As far as the things to do when picking up the car, there is a pre-delivery checklist (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2117) in the FAQ forum but to answer your specific question, I think the only thing that you'll need the dealer to program is whether or not you want daytime running lamps activated or not. This is usually done during the PDI so you'll want to tell the dealer in advance of your delivery so they can set it up. The only other thing that I can think of is the whole front license plate bracket thing. If your state requires a front plate and you wish to use one, then there's nothing to worry about. If you don't want the front bracket installed, you should be telling the dealer now so they don't drill holes in the bumper...

Good luck!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi, Silver grey metallic, Black leather interior with poplar wood trim, Premium package, Premium sound package, Cold weather package, Sport package, Automatic transmission, Style 124 wheels with 245/40 ZR18 93W ContiExtremeContact all season radials, Red reflectors, 3M Clear Bra, Samsung A920 Bluetooth Sprint phone with updated firmware (version ZB06 and ZB07), Hardwired Passport X50 Blue LED (switched from Valentine One). Build date 1/06.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='244695' date='Feb 23 2006, 08:57 AM
Congrats on your pending new arrival. From your post, it seems you've already done your homework and studied the information on the forum.

As far as the things to do when picking up the car, there is a pre-delivery checklist (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2117) in the FAQ forum but to answer your specific question, I think the only thing that you'll need the dealer to program is whether or not you want daytime running lamps activated or not. This is usually done during the PDI so you'll want to tell the dealer in advance of your delivery so they can set it up. The only other thing that I can think of is the whole front license plate bracket thing. If your state requires a front plate and you wish to use one, then there's nothing to worry about. If you don't want the front bracket installed, you should be telling the dealer now so they don't drill holes in the bumper...

Good luck!
Thanks. I should have mentioned that I've already told them not to place the front license plate bracket- no holes for me! I will remind them again. I didn't think about activating the daytime running lights- thanks for pointing this out. I'm leaning towards not having them activated, but I would be interested in what others have done, and why. Can they be manually turned on, if I ask them not to do activate them?

Steve
Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!! yes you can turn of the headlights. Go into settings in the idrive and then there is a sub-menu but I dont remember the name off it but their you can turn them off. I will check it out as soon as I drive again.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='244722' date='Feb 23 2006, 10:21 AM
Congrats!! yes you can turn of the headlights. Go into settings in the idrive and then there is a sub-menu but I dont remember the name off it but their you can turn them off. I will check it out as soon as I drive again.
Thanks- my question is, if the dealer doesn't activate them, can I simply turn them on "as needed," depending upon driving conditions?

Steve
Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats Steve and welcome, seems like the perfect package!

You can do all the progamming you need with the iDrive.

You can always sell the original wheel set, I'm not sure if there's
enough room in the trunk for a 18" wheel...

Looking foreward to the pics.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='244793' date='Feb 23 2006, 12:33 PM
Congrats Steve and welcome, seems like the perfect package!

You can do all the progamming you need with the iDrive.

You can always sell the original wheel set, I'm not sure if there's
enough room in the trunk for a 18" wheel...

Looking foreward to the pics.
Thanks! The original wheels were 17", so I'm hoping that I can use one in the spare compartment, but maybe not.

Steve
Old 02-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530xi

Hey. I am also waiting delivery on my 530xi. How long has it been for you? Just curious so I can know what to expect. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RaZCaL' post='245094' date='Feb 23 2006, 08:29 PM
Hey. I am also waiting delivery on my 530xi. How long has it been for you? Just curious so I can know what to expect. Thanks.
I placed the order in mid December, and I figure that I will be picking it up around 3/4/06.

Steve
Old 02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by sc02492' post='244689' date='Feb 23 2006, 08:49 AM
I will use one of the originals as a spare. Finally, I ordered the rear reflectors and will put these on myself.

Is there anything else that I should ask for when picking up this car (other than routine stuff)? For instance, I currently own a 2000 528i, and seem to remember that they needed to program in the auto door locking feature, etc. but didn't do this initially- it was a hassle to get it done later. Any advice would be appreciated!
Congratulations Steve. I use my originals (RFT's) on trips. I don't know how your dealer works, but mine puts on a little drive-away show when you leave. While the car is sitting on the launching pad (indoors), they explain briefly how everything works and program most things. If you have BT, then you might have them try to pair your cell phone and see if its directory will load. Happy motoring.

Quick Reply: 530xi almost here!