E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530i VS. 545i HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey im 16 and new to e60's. im possibly getting a 5 series, but not sure which to get (530i or 545i)

i want to save money, so 530i would be best for a "cheaper" price.

but in other cases, can you guys help me out which would be better?

and could someone tell me the prices on insurance for both?

sorry to be all nooby here. i gotta start somewhere dont i

thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by yadamean' post='222458' date='Jan 10 2006, 10:13 PM
hey im 16 and new to e60's. im possibly getting a 5 series, but not sure which to get (530i or 545i)

i want to save money, so 530i would be best for a "cheaper" price.

but in other cases, can you guys help me out which would be better?

and could someone tell me the prices on insurance for both?

sorry to be all nooby here. i gotta start somewhere dont i

thanks
Welcome. I believe all the advantages are to the 545i assuming we are talking same-year cars. Take everything a 530i has, and note that the 545i will be equal to or better than the 530i in every catagory except maybe gas mileage and maybe repairs--which presumably would be covered by warranty anyway. And, your insurance would be somewhat higher, but I can't say how much. Others may find legitimate reason for disagreement because I probably have over generalized somewhere.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Members

^^ thanks for the help. yes im talking about the same year 530i and 545i (04' + )

would anyone by chance know how much insurance would be for either car?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by yadamean' post='222464' date='Jan 10 2006, 10:26 PM
^^ thanks for the help. yes im talking about the same year 530i and 545i (04' + )

For a 16 year old? Astronomical.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Members

also,

could anyone point out the differences with the exterior of each car?

and opinions on driving either car.

thanks for the help, and sorry for the many questions

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='222466

For a 16 year old? Astronomical.
[/quote]

hahaha
Old 01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by yadamean' post='222464
also,

could anyone point out the differences with the exterior of each car?

and opinions on driving either car.

thanks for the help, and sorry for the many questions
I have never driven a 530i. I am sure the experience is very similar to that of driving a 545i--except that the 545i has better acceleration. The 5er's have a reputation for being driver's cars--having excellent handling capabilities and having excellent driving "feel." I don't know all the exterior differences. Some would be badges and, at least sometimes, wheel and tire sizes. The wheel/tire differences would depend at least mostly on whether either car had the sport package--either could have this package--bigger wheels, lower profile tires, more sporty suspension, sport seats, and maybe that's all--I can't recall.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Try to go for a test drive and you'll know the differences.

Err, you said you wanted to save some money.. Are you paying for the car all by yourself?
Old 01-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='222475' date='Jan 10 2006, 10:44 PM

Err, you said you wanted to save some money.. Are you paying for the car all by yourself?
hahah naa i aint paying for it.

to my parents, price isnt an option. its always "safety" first.

mmm if its ok, and not breaking any of the forums rules, can you guys post up YOUR 530i rides? im almost sure that ill be getting a 530i. soo yeah please help me out. greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by yadamean' post='222500

mmm if its ok, and not breaking any of the forums rules, can you guys post up YOUR 530i rides? im almost sure that ill be getting a 530i. soo yeah please help me out. greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

If you are 16, save your parents some money and grift and drive something else cheaper that will not be expensive to fix or beat around if it happens. Now, unless you are one of those gifted 16 year old driver (playing Xbox or nintendo driving games all your life), and consider yourself a very good real driver (be humble), then you will appreciate both cars. But at 16, don't spoil yourself with a v8 like I did when I was 17. Nothing will be satisfactory unless it's a V8. That's a bad habit.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='222508
Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='222475' date='Jan 10 2006, 10:44 PM

If you are 16, save your parents some money and grift and drive something else cheaper that will not be expensive to fix or beat around if it happens. Now, unless you are one of those gifted 16 year old driver (playing Xbox or nintendo driving games all your life), and consider yourself a very good real driver (be humble), then you will appreciate both cars. But at 16, don't spoil yourself with a v8 like I did when I was 17. Nothing will be satisfactory unless it's a V8. That's a bad habit.
[/quote]

haha i tried telling my parents that i wanted an sti (which are 28k) but their all "no its not safe "

but they insisted on buying me a bmw or a mercedes benz.

as for my driving abilities, my parents made me drive the bmw X5 sport.. so im pretty used to the speed and power.

as of right now, im driving 3 different cars whenever i want.. i can choose from an 94'(?)SL500, 05' supercharged range rover, and a 03' escalade...

so i guess i would say that im a pretty good driver not trying to be conceited or anything..

but thanks everyone for the tips so far.

Quick Reply: 530i VS. 545i HELP.