E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

525i Engine/coolant temp low and little to no heat

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:14 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 525i 2005

[QUOTE=Don dario;1563314]
Originally Posted by RakDDD

HI

Ok how do you block it? with a brakehose Tool like me or?

Thats is very nice it Works for you:-)

Best Regards
Still brakehose tool in use. I have not yet decided how to block the hose eternally. If I would order the latest hose, radiator should be blocked somehow. Perhaps a fuel hose "squeezer" is an answer.

Cylinder head temp sensor is controlling mapped thermostat. So have you compared temp from hidden menu to temp, which tells you the outside temp? This can be done before you start you engine. Temps should be quite same.

Have you tried double start? Will this bring any changes to engine temp?
Old 05-28-2015, 12:46 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530I

[QUOTE=RakDDD;1563714]
Originally Posted by Don dario

Still brakehose tool in use. I have not yet decided how to block the hose eternally. If I would order the latest hose, radiator should be blocked somehow. Perhaps a fuel hose "squeezer" is an answer.

Cylinder head temp sensor is controlling mapped thermostat. So have you compared temp from hidden menu to temp, which tells you the outside temp? This can be done before you start you engine. Temps should be quite same.

Have you tried double start? Will this bring any changes to engine temp?

Hi

Ok but very nice that Works for you:-)

The temp on the engine and outside are the same at Cold of course:-) so there no fault there!

I will later on try to change the Gearbox stat and see if that effect the long engine heating problem.

Im 100% sure that the 74-84 driving is the DME(failure somehow) that runs in the hyper+mapped mode and only changes at speed above 95 km/h!
I can only "hit" thesse to parameters not the other 2: 111c and 105c ? can any of you?

Best Regards
Old 05-28-2015, 12:47 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Pistratoaie
used BMWhat App, or as it's now called Carly for BMW. recorded parameters and then used excel to create the graph.

Stat is possibly only accessible from underneath. I tried to disconnect the Stat from underneath on mine one day but didn't remove the right plate. I need another day now to put the car up and give it another shot.
Hi

What year are yor car?

Are you using a cable or bluetooth to this app on your car?

Best Regards
Old 05-28-2015, 01:10 AM
New Members

[QUOTE=Don dario;1563716]

Hi

Ok but very nice that Works for you:-)

The temp on the engine and outside are the same at Cold of course:-) so there no fault there!

I will later on try to change the Gearbox stat and see if that effect the long engine heating problem.

Im 100% sure that the 74-84 driving is the DME(failure somehow) that runs in the hyper+mapped mode and only changes at speed above 95 km/h!
I can only "hit" thesse to parameters not the other 2: 111c and 105c ? can any of you?

Best Regards
You test gearbox t-stat, is it leaking or not by blocking the hose nro. 25. Immediately after it leaves from t-stat.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
Old 05-28-2015, 02:27 AM
New Members

[QUOTE=RakDDD;1563718]

You test gearbox t-stat, is it leaking or not by blocking the hose nro. 25. Immediately after it leaves from t-stat.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
HI

Im sure to block anything to the gearbox but i have talked to 2 BMW tech WHO both Said the have change many gearbox stats with the same syntoms as mine. it takes a long to for my to reach 80c, about 20 min. so its sounds very likely that it is the gearbox stat!

And no the gearbox stat Arent leaking or anything:-) just the syntoms on my car that make me try to change the stat;-)
Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 AM
New Members

[QUOTE=Don dario;1563722]

HI

Im sure to block anything to the gearbox but i have talked to 2 BMW tech WHO both Said the have change many gearbox stats with the same syntoms as mine. it takes a long to for my to reach 80c, about 20 min. so its sounds very likely that it is the gearbox stat!

And no the gearbox stat Arent leaking or anything:-) just the syntoms on my car that make me try to change the stat;-)
I mean, if you block hose nro. 25 after it leaves from gearbox t-stat and it brings help for engine temp... then you gearbox t-stat is broken/stucked open. It is waste of money to change it, if hose blocking won't help.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 PM
New Members

[QUOTE=RakDDD;1563727]

I mean, if you block hose nro. 25 after it leaves from gearbox t-stat and it brings help for engine temp... then you gearbox t-stat is broken/stucked open. It is waste of money to change it, if hose blocking won't help.
Hi

Ok im not to safe to block it to the gearbox but yes i know its Money out if it doensent Work;-)

What did you mean by double start?

Best Regards
Old 05-29-2015, 02:04 AM
New Members

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 525i-M Sports 05'
Model Year: 2005

Hi

What year are yor car?

Are you using a cable or bluetooth to this app on your car?

Best Regards
It's a 2005, I'm using cable only
Old 06-21-2015, 04:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i

Ive been reading this thread for a while, but only now I found time to actually put some information found here to use. The radiator theory seem to be the reason Ive been having this issue. So I blocked that #12 hose yesterday and I saw massive improvement in how fast my car warms up now. It reached 90C just after 3 minutes of driving, now I know it was warm outside (about 18C) but it still would take at least 3 times that before. Of course the real test would be when its get colder again, but so far looks promising. My issue was a really long warmup times especially if it was cold outside but it would still reach 95-105 temps. I actually had to change my thermostat twice as the first I got from ecstuning.com was shit wouldn't hold the temp higher than 80C. Only after I got one from a dealership my temps would rise to the proper ones. I got burned trying to save a buck. So to sum up if your car can't hold 95C+ temps make sure you got a good one from a reliable source. If you are having longer warm ups and you ruled out thermostat look into blocking the #12 hose to the radiator. Seemed to fix my issue. So thanks to whoever discovered that.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by alexanderxvi
Ive been reading this thread for a while, but only now I found time to actually put some information found here to use. The radiator theory seem to be the reason Ive been having this issue. So I blocked that #12 hose yesterday and I saw massive improvement in how fast my car warms up now. It reached 90C just after 3 minutes of driving, now I know it was warm outside (about 18C) but it still would take at least 3 times that before. Of course the real test would be when its get colder again, but so far looks promising. My issue was a really long warmup times especially if it was cold outside but it would still reach 95-105 temps. I actually had to change my thermostat twice as the first I got from ecstuning.com was shit wouldn't hold the temp higher than 80C. Only after I got one from a dealership my temps would rise to the proper ones. I got burned trying to save a buck. So to sum up if your car can't hold 95C+ temps make sure you got a good one from a reliable source. If you are having longer warm ups and you ruled out thermostat look into blocking the #12 hose to the radiator. Seemed to fix my issue. So thanks to whoever discovered that.
Hi Alexander

That sounds very nice that i could help you on this matter! im the one that find out to block the 12 tube!

I have now tried to change the gearbox stat and the waterpump but without any luck but i didnt think this would help other than the gearbox stat maybe! mine car takes about 20min to get 80c and its about 14c this morning i went to Work!

Mine driving cond. is still 72-82c below 95 km/h and im know now for sure that is the DME that comtrol these parameteres because when i pulled the thermostat plug of the engine runs about 98c below 95km/h also!

So that a bit shitty but i cant do anything about it:-(

Best Regards

Quick Reply: 525i Engine/coolant temp low and little to no heat