E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

525d - tehnical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am new here, Ive got BMW 525d and Ive got some tehnical problem with it.. Sometimes car work perfect, but sometimes it has no power in accelerating.. Lower than 3000 rpm car is dead...

Strange is that car didnt work well one day about week ago, then was working well, and today again it has no power...

Is it possible that LMM doesnt work well? Problably turbo dont "turn on" (because of LMM?) and this is a reasion why car is dead under 3000 rpm...?

"I-drive" in info/servicedont show anything what is wrong...

Thanks,
Shakal
Old 05-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Hi Shakal and welcome aboard.

I would have it checked by the dealer. It sounds as you have a problem. This problem can be caused by different things, so I would let the dealer check it out.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='May 1 2005, 08:03 PM
Hi Shakal and welcome aboard.

I would have it checked by the dealer. It sounds as you have a problem. This problem can be caused by different things, so I would let the dealer check it out.
[snapback]122579[/snapback]
Yep, I will do that dommorow..

Anyway, I am very very dissapointed with this, it is first car with which I have problems and it is almost new...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Welcome Shakal!

At the same time have to say that it's most unfortunate if You get "Monday piece". Hope You don't have to go through same as SueBMW!

Skaffa
Old 05-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='May 2 2005, 10:51 AM
Welcome Shakal!

At the same time have to say that it's most unfortunate if You get "Monday piece". Hope You don't have to go through same as SueBMW!

Skaffa
[snapback]122819[/snapback]

What happend to his BMW ?

Shakal
Old 05-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Members

Today car is working well again... Problalby it is nothing wrong with LMM, because car one day works and one day havent got power. Turbo cant be wrong, because car dont smoke... It must be some sensor which is givin wrong informations to electronics and then it is unable to "turn on" turbo. Tommorow I am going on service, hope that computer will show what is wrong (because sometimes it works, and sometimes dont I am scared that they will not find what is making truble)...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shakal' date='May 2 2005, 01:36 AM
What happend to his BMW ?

Shakal
welcome aboard, shakal ! suebmw is one of the few lady members in this forum. if you click on "members" on the upper right corner, search by her username and look at her previous posts. you'll see what a nightmare she had and still having .
Old 05-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='May 2 2005, 11:09 PM
[quote name='Shakal' date='May 2 2005, 01:36 AM']What happend to his BMW ?

Shakal
welcome aboard, shakal ! suebmw is one of the few lady members in this forum. if you click on "members" on the upper right corner, search by her username and look at her previous posts. you'll see what a nightmare she had and still having .
[snapback]123093[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, Ive read about her BMW.. I cant belive that car like that have got so many errors...

Today Ive called BMW service, they told me it can be some sensor (givin wrong informations to electronics and turbo cant work)...

But Ive heared that before you start engine, you have to wait a few secods, because electronics must be restarted... Mybie I have turn on the car to quickly ? In last 3 times when Ive drive it, Ive wait a few seconds (light on display went off) before I have run the engine and car was working perfect. Mybie I have sometimes (when turbo didint turn on) started engine to quickly...

Anyway, in thursday on service they will do complete check and then we will defently know what was reasion why turbo didnt turn on.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by Shakal' date='May 3 2005, 03:58 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='May 2 2005, 11:09 PM'][quote name='Shakal' date='May 2 2005, 01:36 AM']What happend to his BMW ?

Shakal
[snapback]123093[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, Ive read about her BMW.. I cant belive that car like that have got so many errors...

Today Ive called BMW service, they told me it can be some sensor (givin wrong informations to electronics and turbo cant work)...

But Ive heared that before you start engine, you have to wait a few secods, because electronics must be restarted... Mybie I have turn on the car to quickly ? In last 3 times when Ive drive it, Ive wait a few seconds (light on display went off) before I have run the engine and car was working perfect. Mybie I have sometimes (when turbo didint turn on) started engine to quickly...

Anyway, in thursday on service they will do complete check and then we will defently know what was reasion why turbo didnt turn on.
[snapback]123420[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is interesting - when my car was new I remember noticing that if I :

a) Put the key in and start car immediately - I got a slightly rough idle and slighly more engine noise under acceleration

b) Put the key in and wait a few seconds - flat idle and much quieter engine.

The difference was slight and my dealer convinced me that I was nuts. i have not really observed it recently but I still have that nagging feeling that it is true that you need to wait a few seconds before you start or the engine acts strange.