E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

525d M Sport (damn i said i'd never buy new)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407871' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:14 AM
Not sure what issue there could be. I have the media pack too.

For me, the cradle is somewhere to tidy the phone away, charge it, oh and I believe (though not confirmed) that it gives a connection to the sharkfin antenna.

ABC
Agreed and I think it does boost the signal through the fin on the back as reception is better when it's plugged in.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TC.' post='408755' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:13 AM
Your car needs to go through PDI (Post Delivery Inspection), this is where they effectively 'boot' the car up, remove all the factory packaging, remove the suspension chocks etc etc. If it wasn't there yesterday I doubt they will get it PDI'd before the weekend
and I bet they still don't set the MPG on the trip computer to UK gals and not US gals (see numerous other posts about owners worrying that the car's fuel consumption was a bit heavy according to the on-board computer) and won't set the Sat Nav up with your home address despite them saying they will !

Normally a day job I believe
Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='409594' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:11 PM
To say I'm a little displeased is an understatement, after the phone calls from the dealer last week with reference to.... we need your insurance to ge the car taxed.... the car is on the transporter it should be here thursday/friday latest.... your cherished plate wont be able to be applied till you get the certificate back from dvla.

Well the only upside as of today is that indeed applying my cherished plate shouldn't be much of an issue.... I've just been informed that my car is far from any transporter and I would guess is probably either still in the factory or passing through customs down south... ESTIMATED ETA IS NOW 8th/9th April... given the 8th is a Sunday I'm guessing the sales person has no real idea when the car is due, my original 14th April date is looking more likely as the days pass.

1/ Dealers should not be allowed to pre-register and tax a vehicle prior to it's arrival at their premise.
2/ Dealers should deal in fact and not fiction, this has cost me ???'s re insurance etc etc

So is anyone else being promised their e60 (?42k worth of car) early and then finding it's far from the truth?

Am I within my rights to pro rata the costs and ask for compensation? Given it looks like i'm the owner of a car thats been registered before the end of March and taxed, finance papers all signed so i'm expecting them to take first installment anytime soon... I feel this should stack up to several hundred pounds worth of compensation.... thoughts please.

R
I don't think there is any compensation due until they have gone past the original date which I thinking you are saying is the 14/4. Doesn't stop you trying though of course.

With respect to the finance, I can't be 100% as my cars aren't on finance, I really don't believe they can take a payment for a good they have not yet supplied.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Welcome! Not had time to read all replies but make sure you get get the HiFi stereo option and heated front seats. Two of the best cheaper options IMHO.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='409594' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:11 PM
To say I'm a little displeased is an understatement, after the phone calls from the dealer last week with reference to.... we need your insurance to ge the car taxed.... the car is on the transporter it should be here thursday/friday latest.... your cherished plate wont be able to be applied till you get the certificate back from dvla.

Well the only upside as of today is that indeed applying my cherished plate shouldn't be much of an issue.... I've just been informed that my car is far from any transporter and I would guess is probably either still in the factory or passing through customs down south... ESTIMATED ETA IS NOW 8th/9th April... given the 8th is a Sunday I'm guessing the sales person has no real idea when the car is due, my original 14th April date is looking more likely as the days pass.

1/ Dealers should not be allowed to pre-register and tax a vehicle prior to it's arrival at their premise.
2/ Dealers should deal in fact and not fiction, this has cost me ???'s re insurance etc etc

So is anyone else being promised their e60 (?42k worth of car) early and then finding it's far from the truth?

Am I within my rights to pro rata the costs and ask for compensation? Given it looks like i'm the owner of a car thats been registered before the end of March and taxed, finance papers all signed so i'm expecting them to take first installment anytime soon... I feel this should stack up to several hundred pounds worth of compensation.... thoughts please.

R
A similar thing happened to me. When I ordered in early Feb I was quoted delivery around week 17. A few weeks ago (17th March) I was told that the car was built and that I could possibly take delivery at the end of March. When I called to check progress early last week I was told that the car wasn't scheduled for production until this week (14) and that it was expected at the dealers w/c 16-April.

I've had to hire a car to get me by this week, but I'm getting a loan BMW from the dealer from this weekend until my car arrives. I'm not unduly upset as the car is coming around the originally quoted date, but it was annoying being messed around and being ?100 out of pocket for a hire car.

The dealer told me that there'd been a recall on all 3 series cabriolets (hard tops) which was a possible reason for my car being delayed. Anyone else heard this or was it just salesman 'waffle' ?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dazza' post='409969' date='Apr 3 2007, 10:19 PM
I've had to hire a car to get me by this week, but I'm getting a loan BMW from the dealer from this weekend until my car arrives. I'm not unduly upset as the car is coming around the originally quoted date, but it was annoying being messed around and being ?100 out of pocket for a hire car.
What to hire to you get for a ?100/week !?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dazza' post='409969' date='Apr 3 2007, 10:19 PM
The dealer told me that there'd been a recall on all 3 series cabriolets (hard tops) which was a possible reason for my car being delayed. Anyone else heard this or was it just salesman 'waffle' ?
What the brand new convertible?

Just interested as was thinking of getting one for her in doors
Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 535dBoy' post='410140' date='Apr 4 2007, 10:52 AM
What the brand new convertible?

Just interested as was thinking of getting one for her in doors
Yup - the brand new convertible. Might be worth asking the question if you've an interest in one. Dealer suggested this was an every car recall.

As for the hire car I got, it was a Fiat Punto - cheapest thing I could find. Avis (?99.01) booked online. Absolutely gutless engine, but it does the job of getting me to and from work. From tomorrow I'll have a BMW loan car.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='408263' date='Mar 29 2007, 08:09 AM
I'd love a cradle but the phone i have is not listed
Buy a cheap 6230i and cradle. Excellent phone and fully compatible with iDrive. On longer journeys, you can simply move the SIM and then you're fully legal - no touching of phone while engine on.

It's a lot easier to do than what some on here do with 3rd party Sat Nav system with their wires, suckers etc, but, as always, down to personal preferences.

ABC
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='410424' date='Apr 5 2007, 08:26 AM
Buy a cheap 6230i and cradle. Excellent phone and fully compatible with iDrive. On longer journeys, you can simply move the SIM and then you're fully legal - no touching of phone while engine on.

It's a lot easier to do than what some on here do with 3rd party Sat Nav system with their wires, suckers etc, but, as always, down to personal preferences.

ABC
My understanding of the 6230i is that is not fully compatible with idrive. I used one for about a year until 6 months ago and sync'd the phone with Outlook. In the car the phone would only transfer one number for any contact so if you have a land line and mobile for a contact it was pot luck which one it shows on the screen. Previous to that a T610 worked fine showing (W) or (M) next to numbers.

I wouldn't recommend the 6230i to any bmw owner if you plan keeping multiple numbers under a single contact.

Quick Reply: 525d M Sport (damn i said i'd never buy new)