E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

525d M Sport (damn i said i'd never buy new)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The LCI E60 has only two under 3.0 liter engines:

520d (2.0 l) and the 523i (2.5 l).
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black
Cool

Breaking News

My dealer has just informed me I will be getting the keys to my LCI 525d MSport on the 31st March

If i'm not to busy lookout for some nice interior and exterior shots coming here in ummmm 8 days woooohooo I can't wait.

Meanwhile my 745 is being a pain in the preverbial again with this time a seatbelt tensioner/airbag malfunction warning light.... thank the lord my e60 is enroute, my patience is wearing thin with the 7 .

R
Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Contributors

A few long days to go (I Hope)

It's been a flurry of calls back and forth this week, apparently my ?beastie? is in transit, I'm assured though not guaranteed that my e60 will be at the dealer for collection on Saturday, having said that I have this little gremlin telling me it's not going to happen and all the fuss has been so that the dealer can push the car into Q1 sales hmmmmm

So this week I've learnt that expensive cars need tracker devices for insurance..... I also wont have my cherished plate for the first week (call me a snob but the dealer should have had this in hand).... also when I ask the question, 'Ummm so what little extra's will you be giving me as a gesture of good will?' I get the brush off, bearing in mind the time my 7 has been off the road and the letters I have from the MD of the dealer (which i've yet to use ), I'm more intent than ever to drag something for nothing out of the deal, after all when it comes to the bottom line I'm paying a shit load of cash for a car.... I'm sure in days gone by collecting a new car was usually a family thing where the dealer made a big deal of it with the bunch of flowers for the Mrs etc etc

All that aside I await the call to say the 'beastie' has arrived safely and that i can collect this coming Saturday.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='407851' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:15 AM
I'm more intent than ever to drag something for nothing out of the deal
There's no such thing as a free lunch but as part of CLOSING the deal after we agreed the size of cheque I would have to write upon handover (after all that's what matters in a purchase irrespective of tradein and discounts) I managed to get the dealer to arrange and PAY for the cherished plate transfer, supply a "free" BT cradle, a FULL tank of fuel (not the usual tenner), oh and (when they weren't "free" as in LCI) 4 velour mats.

As I said, no such thing as a free lunch but I FELT that was another ?300plus I didn't have to pay.

ABC
Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407855' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:27 AM
I managed to get the dealer to arrange and PAY for the cherished plate transfer, supply a "free" BT cradle, a FULL tank of fuel (not the usual tenner), oh and (when they weren't "free" as in LCI) 4 velour mats.

As I said, no such thing as a free lunch but I FELT that was another ?300plus I didn't have to pay.

ABC
The plate transfer is being covered by the dealer thankfully, as for mats if they aint present they had better get them pretty sharpish, i have ordered the media pack so a cradle is not such an issue (RAZRMaxx so no avaliability on cradle anyways), It best have a tank of fuel too grrrrrr

I have asked for a 1/43 model as i'm putting together a collection of every car i've owned, also it would be nice to be given a key ring or something just to cement the feel good factor on the day... in forgien lands they still make a huge deal of the new car collection routine, Japan i know is a full on flowers and gifts scenario which i witnessed when my inlaws collected their new Honda and it was only a Civic.

I'll be pleased to simply get the car of course
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='407857' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:34 AM
i have ordered the media pack so a cradle is not such an issue
Not sure what issue there could be. I have the media pack too.

For me, the cradle is somewhere to tidy the phone away, charge it, oh and I believe (though not confirmed) that it gives a connection to the sharkfin antenna.

ABC
Old 03-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407871' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:14 AM
Not sure what issue there could be. I have the media pack too.

For me, the cradle is somewhere to tidy the phone away, charge it, oh and I believe (though not confirmed) that it gives a connection to the sharkfin antenna.

ABC
I'd love a cradle but the phone i have is not listed, it's similar in size to the Moto RAZR but has different exacting dimensions... it's not such a big problem for me, I'll simply be glad of the BT capabilities

My Sales Person was on a day off yesterday so i have no idea if my 'Beastie' has arrived yet hoping it will sometime before the weekend... does anyone know what process has to be carried out when the vehicle finally gets to the dealer, also how long this would normally take ?

R
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 AM
TC.
Members

My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='408263' date='Mar 29 2007, 08:09 AM
I'd love a cradle but the phone i have is not listed, it's similar in size to the Moto RAZR but has different exacting dimensions... it's not such a big problem for me, I'll simply be glad of the BT capabilities

My Sales Person was on a day off yesterday so i have no idea if my 'Beastie' has arrived yet hoping it will sometime before the weekend... does anyone know what process has to be carried out when the vehicle finally gets to the dealer, also how long this would normally take ?

R
Your car needs to go through PDI (Post Delivery Inspection), this is where they effectively 'boot' the car up, remove all the factory packaging, remove the suspension chocks etc etc. If it wasn't there yesterday I doubt they will get it PDI'd before the weekend
Old 03-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TC.' post='408755' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:13 AM
Your car needs to go through PDI (Post Delivery Inspection), this is where they effectively 'boot' the car up, remove all the factory packaging, remove the suspension chocks etc etc. If it wasn't there yesterday I doubt they will get it PDI'd before the weekend
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Contributors

To say I'm a little displeased is an understatement, after the phone calls from the dealer last week with reference to.... we need your insurance to ge the car taxed.... the car is on the transporter it should be here thursday/friday latest.... your cherished plate wont be able to be applied till you get the certificate back from dvla.

Well the only upside as of today is that indeed applying my cherished plate shouldn't be much of an issue.... I've just been informed that my car is far from any transporter and I would guess is probably either still in the factory or passing through customs down south... ESTIMATED ETA IS NOW 8th/9th April... given the 8th is a Sunday I'm guessing the sales person has no real idea when the car is due, my original 14th April date is looking more likely as the days pass.

1/ Dealers should not be allowed to pre-register and tax a vehicle prior to it's arrival at their premise.
2/ Dealers should deal in fact and not fiction, this has cost me ???'s re insurance etc etc

So is anyone else being promised their e60 (?42k worth of car) early and then finding it's far from the truth?

Am I within my rights to pro rata the costs and ask for compensation? Given it looks like i'm the owner of a car thats been registered before the end of March and taxed, finance papers all signed so i'm expecting them to take first installment anytime soon... I feel this should stack up to several hundred pounds worth of compensation.... thoughts please.

R

Quick Reply: 525d M Sport (damn i said i'd never buy new)