E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

520d Two Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

Hi guys I am a new user although I have been reading posts on your forum for a year. I just got a 520d with full options except two. I didn't get the rear door curtains. Is it possible to retrofit them. And my second question is how do I learn the CIP version and in some menus in secret menu of the dashboard it says Unbelegt. Although I speak German too I couldn't give a meaning to this because why put a menu if it is not used???
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations for a nice and wice buy.

I'm afraid that if didn't order the rear door curtains, the OEM retrofit is not reasonable.
But you can always buy rear door window film or other attachments, they'll do.

The iDrive speaks English if you wish (just read the manual) but the CIP version you
need to find out from your dealer.
If you have no problems with your car - your CIP version is up-to-date!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

I have only one small problem I have drive by wire(dealer told me) and sometimes when I am braking the car accelerates because the engine revs so I need to take my foot off brake and apply again. But the thing is I don't trust the dealers service cause there are only 3 different official services in Istanbul and others are their branches. So is it possible to update CIP by myself.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 and F10

updating by yourself is not possible.
It takes more than 6-7 hours (it took 10 hours for my car!!)and you dont have the cables to do it.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M3 SMGII,
Did you mean that you installed the rear side curtain by yourself?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Contributors

I have the cables ETK, TIS or other stuff (ebay and you r done ) but couldn't find the progman
Old 06-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='304403' date='Jun 28 2006, 11:35 AM
I have only one small problem I have drive by wire(dealer told me) and sometimes when I am braking the car accelerates because the engine revs so I need to take my foot off brake and apply again. But the thing is I don't trust the dealers service cause there are only 3 different official services in Istanbul and others are their branches. So is it possible to update CIP by myself.
Do not even try to update the CIP yourself!!!

The drive by wire is a incorrect term.
The throttle is operated by electrical sensors not with a wire.

Just try to find out which of your local dealers is the best and let
them take care of your problems.

You car is on warranty, so use it!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Contributors

So you are NOT charged for updates or stuff Huh???