E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 weeks old and to the workshop 3 times

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

I can't believe it.

First the offset steering wheel and wheel allignment problems.

Now the oil cooler is leaking and a replacement has been ordered from Germany and will take a week. At least thats what they say. Until then I'm stuck with a loaner.

On top of this all, the electronic gear shifter is malfunctioning.

Way to go $60,000 BMW!!!!!

At least my $15000 five year old Corolla is keeping me mobile.

Sorry I'm being so sarcastic but I'm so disappointed and embarassed in front of my friends.

And on top of this all my wife is pestering me to dump the 535 and get a 750i.

What next?????
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

.. I thought my CPO was bad enough, now stable though after 3 visits only in 5months since I owned it. I can feel ur pain for a brand new car
Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

mention about lemon law in front of the service advisor. They will repair it right away, unless they really have no clue.
I know how it feels. I used to go in and out dealer 4 times in 2 months though. same problem every 2 weeks.
Good Luck Buddy.
Hope it will work out.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Yup it be a lemon it sounds.. get a new one.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by juventus' post='449503' date='Jul 18 2007, 08:36 PM

What next?????
I remember back when the first couple of years the E65/E66 7 series arrived, people were having terrible experiences, which included all kinds of problems. Many people turned in their brand new 7's using the "lemon law". BMW had to extend warranties on the 7.

7-series problems
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by juventus' post='449503' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:36 PM
I can't believe it.

First the offset steering wheel and wheel allignment problems.

Now the oil cooler is leaking and a replacement has been ordered from Germany and will take a week. At least thats what they say. Until then I'm stuck with a loaner.

On top of this all, the electronic gear shifter is malfunctioning.

Way to go $60,000 BMW!!!!!

At least my $15000 five year old Corolla is keeping me mobile.

Sorry I'm being so sarcastic but I'm so disappointed and embarassed in front of my friends.

What next?????
I feel your pain. I've posted this several times for different members. I hope this relieves some pain and gives you some insight on what to expect.

Here is one of posts:

may 18th post:

I bought the 535xi 2008 in the beginning of the month and already have a problem with the new electronic gear shift. The problem is when I was parked and attempted to put the car in drive the shifter would not allow me to put it in gear, similar to not pressing the brake and attempting to put it in gear. I had to second guess myself so I did it again and sure as %$@ the gear would not go back into drive. So I put it in reverse and then try to put it and drive then it worked. I did this several times and there is definately a problem with the shifter. I called BMW service and spoke to the manager and brought the car in this morning. The shop manager checked my car and noticed the problem. He told me he was going to put it on the computer and see if there was anything wrong with it. I waited and after a while he came back and told me that the computer did not find anything wrong with it and he would have to call BMW in Germany and have them send detailed information on the shifter and what may cause this problem. He said that the car is to new and they don't have any information readily available. He further stated that the shifter may need to be replaced and they will have to get it from Germany. Is this common with new cars or is it just mine? I mean somepart going bad so soon. Already a wheel allignment and now this.

I haven't even enjoyed my car.. So far I have 1300 miles on it. I drove it to Virginia from NY and Back. That's how I noticed it needed some allignment.

Thoughts, Comments anything I can get. Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Rick...

June 17th post:

2nd time Vehicle starts only after several attempts:-(
This is the second time this happens to me. I have a 2008 535XI no comfort access.

I was visiting my friend for fathers day and parked the car. About 3 hours later I decided to leave and went into my car and tried to start it. It turned over but it did not start. I tried it again several times. I then waited a couple of minutes and tried it again and it still would not start. I closed everything locked it and waited 5 minutes. I opened it again and after 2 or 3 attempts it started.

This happened to me last week while I was in Capemay. At one point I thought I had to call roadside for help. Has this happened to anyone else and it so what was the final outcome and the reason BMW gave for this to happen? I hate to call the service department again for another problem. I had a 2002 525I and that one did not give me so many problems.

Thanks Guys, Rick....

June 18th post

May have answer to stall start on 2008xi
OK boys this is what I was told by my service rep. He just called me and told me that he spoke to the shop manager and explained what my car is experiencing. The shop manager stated that he has heard this before on the 06+2007 models but not the 2008's or so called LCI. He stated that it's a PRESSURE PUMP and that it's on national back order. It will not be available for 3 weeks. He further stated to monitor the situation and if it occurs again then I could bring it in to verify that this is the case and of course they will accommodate me with a loaner.

That's what I call service but i'm still a little dissapointed because it's a brand new car. At least I have an answer. Incase anyone is wondering the car is not shaking and there is no lost of power. That rules out the injectors.

Rick....

A recent post and answer to another members problem

Spike I feel your pain. I too was in somewhat of a bad situation when I bought my car. I also own a 535xi and have been to the dealer several times for several issues. I will not go into detail but i'll briefly describe the issues with my car. The first problem was a wheel alignment, the steering wheel was off center to the right just a little but noticible. Brought it in twice for that. Second the shifter,yes, the park,drive, shifter went bad. That was on national back order for 2 weeks. That was replaced and now it's the pressure pump for the fuel. Once in awhile the car won't start and requires several attempts to start it. The story is relly long but i'm giving you the short version. That part is also on national back order for 2 to 3 weeks. I know how you feel , hang in there.

Rick... fcuk.gif

Hope this helps.. I currently on the donors list, what I call it, for the part. There are a couple of steps your car has to go through before they cam open whats called a PUMA case and BMW Germany approves the part to be shipped for replacement. Currently the part is on national back order for the entire nation.

Good luck and hang in there.. twoup.gif

From what I heard it is a design flaw and BMW is racing to redesign a new pump for our cars. I've been waiting for one for a month. This month the car had trouble starting on 7 seperate occasions. I finally got fed up and took it to the dealer and got a loaner until the pump comes in and they fix it. :thumbsdown:

Rick...
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='449573' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:34 AM
June 18th post

May have answer to stall start on 2008xi
OK boys this is what I was told by my service rep. He just called me and told me that he spoke to the shop manager and explained what my car is experiencing. The shop manager stated that he has heard this before on the 06+2007 models but not the 2008's or so called LCI. He stated that it's a PRESSURE PUMP and that it's on national back order. It will not be available for 3 weeks.
It's now 5 weeks later...

ABC
Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

Question

It is a badluck to get such a Lemon car. It happens to 1-5% buyers.
Some will have very good experience and few will have hard time.
I have Accord 190,000 + Miles but not very happpy with MDX ?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

Thanks for all your posts.

Makes me feel a little better.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='449671' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:05 AM
It is a badluck to get such a Lemon car. It happens to 1-5% buyers.
...And all makes and models. My freind got a settlement from Nissan for issues with his 350Z. ...and what about those guys with Ferrari's, I hear their repair and maintanence bills are out of this world!

Quick Reply: 4 weeks old and to the workshop 3 times