E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2005 and 2006 model diffeence

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: alpine white 530d.exclusive leather,maple wood trim,comfort seats,active steering,xenons,18'alloys 124,steptronic,logic 7,ac-extended features,sunblind,side airbags

anybody know the difference between the two models.what are the new upgrades?and also do you think the m sport bumpers and alloys suit alpinwe white ?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Here are the differences in the US (September production, when the global 2006 model year begins), some of which are shared with the rest of the world:

550i only

? Active Steering will be removed from the Sport Package and will be available as a stand alone option only.

? Sirius Satellite Radio pre-wiring is now standard on the 550i; the pre-wiring became standard on the 6-cyclinder models starting March 2005 production.

Please note that the manual transmission and SMG will not be available on the 550i for the first month of production. We anticipate having availability of these transmissions starting October 2005; if the situation changes you will be informed accordingly. Please make sure to share this information with other sales associates.

All 5 Series (Including 6-cylinder models)

? Upgraded DSC system. The new system has the same functionality as the E90 DSC system; enhanced functionality in addition to the already familiar stability control features include:
- Brake Drying
- Brake Fade Compensation
- Brake Ready (Emergency stop)
- Hill Start Assist
- Soft Stop

? Interior upgrades
- Start/Stop button
- Updated iDrive controller with leather insert on top (similar to the MY06 7 Series)

? New Colors
- Monaco Blue (A35) replaces Orient Blue
- Deep Green (A43) replaces Oxford Green

? New Options
- Comfort Access (SA 322) is now available as a stand-alone option
- Heated front seats (SA 494) are now available as a stand-alone option, as well a part of the Cold Weather Package.

? Other changes
- The vertical slats on the kidney grille will now be chrome on all 5 Series models, previously only on the V-8.
- The in-dash CD player will be MP3 capable as of October 2005 production on the navigation equipped cars; on cars without navigation the CD-player will be MP3 capable starting September production.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by sumuant' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:28 PM
anybody know the difference between the two models.what are the new upgrades?and also do you think the m sport bumpers and alloys suit alpinwe white ?
[snapback]190975[/snapback]
Definitely yes on the suitability question. I saw a white M5 a few days ago, and it looked great. But, of course, all the colors look great.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by das' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:43 PM
Here are the differences in the US (September production, when the global 2006 model year begins), some of which are shared with the rest of the world:

550i only

? Active Steering will be removed from the Sport Package and will be available as a stand alone option only.

? Sirius Satellite Radio pre-wiring is now standard on the 550i; the pre-wiring became standard on the 6-cyclinder models starting March 2005 production.

Please note that the manual transmission and SMG will not be available on the 550i for the first month of production. We anticipate having availability of these transmissions starting October 2005; if the situation changes you will be informed accordingly. Please make sure to share this information with other sales associates.

? Upgraded DSC system. The new system has the same functionality as the E90 DSC system; enhanced functionality in addition to the already familiar stability control features include:
- Brake Drying
- Hill Start Assist
- Soft Stop

? Interior upgrades
- Start/Stop button
- Updated iDrive controller with leather insert on top (similar to the MY06 7 Series)

? New Colors

? New Options
- Heated front seats (SA 494) are now available as a stand-alone option, as well a part of the Cold Weather Package.

? Other changes
- The vertical slats on the kidney grille will now be chrome on all 5 Series models, previously only on the V-8.
- The in-dash CD player will be MP3 capable as of October 2005 production on the navigation equipped cars; on cars without navigation the CD-player will be MP3 capable starting September production.
[snapback]190978[/snapback]

The only modification I'd make is that MP3 on non-nav was enabled at the factory on cars delivered in April of 05, not Sept. 05 as indicated in the BMW bulletin.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Contributors

My salerep told me yesterday that the OCT bld e60 feels as if it is a new car. I let you know saturday when I pick my new one. it is ready as of Monday...but I will wait to get her on Saturday!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 30 2005, 07:20 PM
My salerep told me yesterday that the OCT bld e60 feels as if it is a new car. I let you know saturday when I pick my new one. it is ready as of Monday...but I will wait to get her on Saturday!

[snapback]191025[/snapback]

Sounds like something a salesperson would say.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:52 PM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

For 2006 models, what's the difference between pre-Sept 2005 and post-Sept 2005 productions? I only know Start/Stop button. Anything more for ~US$700 increase?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by das' date='Oct 30 2005, 05:43 PM

550i only

- Brake Drying
- Hill Start Assist
- Soft Stop

? Interior upgrades
- Start/Stop button

? New Colors

? New Options

? Other changes
[snapback]190978[/snapback]

Are you saying that all 6-cylinders (e.g. 530i) now come pre-wired for satellite radio?? Because I'm wondering if it's something I can easily add later rather than order it now.