E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 530i Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone experienced a clicking or tapping (sounds like metal) noise that seems to originate from the driver's seat belt enclosure. I hear the noise regardless if I am wearing my seatbelt or not. I am pretty tall so my ear is at the same level as where the seat belt comes out of the side. The noise seems to occur pretty much all the time regardless of speed.

The dealer (Rallye Motors, Long Island) claims not to have heard any abnormalities.

I do not believe it is the door seal as other posts have described.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by mikesr615' date='Sep 16 2005, 01:14 PM
Has anyone experienced a clicking or tapping (sounds like metal) noise that seems to originate from the driver's seat belt enclosure.? I hear the noise regardless if I am wearing? my seatbelt or not.? I am pretty tall so my ear is at the same level as where the seat belt comes out of the side.? The noise seems to occur pretty much all the time regardless of speed.

The dealer (Rallye Motors, Long Island) claims not to have heard any abnormalities.

Any thoughts?
[snapback]171459[/snapback]
The door seal noise sounds nothing like something you would expect from door seal. It sounds exactly like what you are describing. Even with the new seals, I still get the clicking noise.

Solution: Wipe down the seals with a damp towel until they are clean. (no residue left on the towel). That should help for a while.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mikesr615' post='171459' date='Sep 16 2005, 03:14 PM
Has anyone experienced a clicking or tapping (sounds like metal) noise that seems to originate from the driver's seat belt enclosure. I hear the noise regardless if I am wearing my seatbelt or not. I am pretty tall so my ear is at the same level as where the seat belt comes out of the side. The noise seems to occur pretty much all the time regardless of speed.

Any thoughts?

I know you think it might be the seat belt enclosure.. but i had some noises coming from the left side of the drivers side.. and i eventually found out that the steering wheel buttons were loose and they gave those noises.. although at first i thought that these noises are coming from somewhere near the windshield. but it was the steering wheel buttons..
to make sure.. try to get a hold of them in a way that they never move. and see if the sounds are still there..

good luck
Old 01-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

yeah my 2005 530i drivers top seat belt holder (the one by your shoulder on th B-pilar) is pretty noisy on uneven roads. Rattles like crazy. I have to smack it and smash every time it to $hut the hell up